Start 'em young

ELMER J. FUDD

How old is he? My boy is 6.5 and is all about it. He's got his own bow and is a good shot for a little fella too. Every magazine or sales flyer I get I give to him and he spends hours looking them over and circling things he thinks I need..haha if I listened to him we'd be broke. A few weeks ago my wife said, "which would you rather do, go to disney or go on a hunting trip?" His instant reply was "Huntin of course"  made me proud, I gave him an extra cookie for that one ;D

He has Adhd and the n ONLY time he is quiet and can sit still is when we go out in the woods hunting, needless to say I take him every chance I can.

He's 4 in the pic. Now 5. He has a kids compound bow that shoots plastic arrows about 20 yards. I haven't taken him out hunting yet, but he's ready to ride along. I was thinking bow during this past turkey season, but I did not get out myself at all. We've gone on a few hikes in the woods I hunt up in 4H. here's a funny story:

We watch hunting shows together on the weekend mornings so he knows about calling, scent control, and RATTLING. One night for a bedtime story he wanted me to tell him about rattling, grunting, etc and how it works and why. So he insisted that I go get my rattling antlers from the basement. I let him keep them and the next morning I hear clanking in my hallway at 5am! No bark from the dog? WTF? Here he comes down the hall "Dad, antlers!" he says. I took a pic with my phone.

What's even funnier about the magazine is that he can't read yet in that pic.

post-10-131455289117_thumb.jpg

Great pics and thread Elmer. Great story Doewhacker. Sounds like you guys have them started out right!

My daughter is now 6, and she is all about hunting. Ive been taking her with me the last 2 seasons and she loves it. She scouts with me, puts up and checks trail cameras, helps with my little food plot, helps to hang and check stands and last season got her first education on how to gut a deer. I couldnt believe she didnt get grossed out or anything, just watched and asked questions when she had them. My buddy that got the deer thought it was the coolest thing ever, his daughter will barely look at the deer when he gets them.

Heres a pic of us in the ground blind last season...

HaleyandI.jpg