Scrapes opening up

WNYBuckHunter

They have been poping up all over the place on my dads property. He ran into 5 while walking into his stand in our old apple orchard on saturday. I think they will be hit pretty hard over the net week and then will pretty much become abandoned once the chasing phase really kicks in

I hear ya, for fun on Monday, I put in a scrape on a nature preserve by my house inside a rub line (can't hunt in my township,.... I know its stupid, but that's another story). I used Grave Digger and sparyed some Code Blue Doe Estrous on a licking branch above. I let it sit about 30 minutes and then started some really light rattling with a few buck growls tossed in for good measure. Within an hour I had three different bucks come by, one was a decent eight, nothing too impressive but it was a shooter in book anyday. I went back yesterday (I was patrolling near by). The mock scrape still smelled great and two more scapes were opened on either side of it both within a 12' circle. I'd say the next week and a half is going to be off the charts. I wanted to try another one in a different spot and doe bleat near it, except the Grave Digger isn't that cheap to mess with. If nothing else, its great calling practice.