Fall food plot seed choices

So I'm top seeding a clover plot with turnips, turning over a chicory, clover plot and using a new product Destination and my second year plot that last year was radish and rye will be beets and greens. 

I always add rye or wheat to my plots but these will be the main seed choices for this year. I've had awesome results with beets and greens but the other two products are new to me. 

Took a couple years to build soil and create plots that make sense for the property. I have high hopes this year and put lots of thought into when, why, and what to plant. 

All products of course have a tag with contents which I couldnt find pictures of online, so if anyone has questions I can take pictures and let you know the exact percent of what is in each bag.

This is my fourth year of food plots and the first year I haven't done spring plots but clover looks good and should be plenty of other browse around.

Screenshot_20200614-111803_WhatsApp.jpg

Can you spray glosophate (roundup)? Does the area get sun?

The easiest fall crop is cereal rye. There are about 20 threads with many of the hunters on the forum who recommend it including myself. If you buy a bag of throw in go your overpaying for whatever grain is in the mix. If your thinking throw in grow, I think your better off buying a 50 pound bag of cereal rye for the same price.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, corydd7 said:

Can you spray glosophate (roundup)? Does the area get sun?

The easiest fall crop is cereal rye. There are about 20 threads with many of the hunters on the forum who recommend it including myself. If you buy a bag of throw in go your overpaying for whatever grain is in the mix. If your thinking throw in grow, I think your better off buying a 50 pound bag of cereal rye for the same price.

May give that a shot .... Thanks !

• Like 1

My main plots are corn for after season, brassica  second , and ww or winter rye seeded with clover .  Main focus is on food for after season and next years growth,, my stands are set in travel corridors.  Not a fan of kill plot hunting . Going to plow about half an acre tomorrow for neighbors fall ,radish ,and July buckwheat.  

• Like 1