Getting the old boat ready

MPHunter

Started on the second pull. Unfortunately I had to pull. It has electric start and the starter is not engaging flywheel. It just spins without popping up to engage. Not a big deal as it pulls real easy but the electric start is pretty nice...1e8adc22cd87beeb7a61702d355019b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MPHunter said:

Started on the second pull. Unfortunately I had to pull. It has electric start and the starter is not engaging flywheel. It just spins without popping up to engage. Not a big deal as it pulls real easy but the electric start is pretty nice...1e8adc22cd87beeb7a61702d355019b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I had the Exact same problem with my outboard ! I cleaned the contacts on my battery terminals and connectors and she started right up !  Just Sayin ...

3 hours ago, GreeneHunter said:

I had the Exact same problem with my outboard ! I cleaned the contacts on my battery terminals and connectors and she started right up !  Just Sayin ...

It's getting plenty of juice... brand new fully charged battery and wire terminals are clean. I did a little YouTube search and the problem might be the top gear on the starter being gummed up. Watched a video and gonna take it apart, clean and lubricate and see if that works. If it doesn't, pull start works. Not gonna spend money on a new starter. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 12:11 PM, GreeneHunter said:

I was going about cleaning our Pontoon Boat but unfortunately I'm cleaning it up to prep it for sale . We've decided ( Da Wife and I ) that we're not going to use it anymore so we can catch up on bills and hopefully I can retire this year .  May have to invest in a couple Tire Tubes for my Wife and I ... not the ones on the Trailer !  LOL

Boat1.jpg

Boat2.jpg

Well she's sold .... $ 7500 Cash and gone !