Sighting in a Crossbow

Elmo

in Manhattan?? Isnt there a big park right in the middle of the island?

EDIT: how about a parking garage? or even a junk yard or empty building?

just get it on paper and then fine tune it with a target you bring with you wherever he is going to be shooting or hunting with it.

Edited by Guides ForHire

Thanks...after reading your responses, the wheels in my head are turning. Best thing for him is to probably buy a crossbow block target, take it up in the woods and just shoot. Unfortunately, I don't think he can discharge a crossbow in Central Park. He'll have to go to one of the state hunting lands.

Need to find a new archery shop or range, a crossbow doesn't have any more power than a high dollar modern compound bow. The ignorance is a disgrace! They both can shoot up to 400 fps, and have well over 100 ft/lbs.

What Compound shoots 400 fps ? I havn't seen or heard of one . Clue me in please .

My appologies, I was a bit excessive...

Bear:This is the fastest bow Bear has ever made, with a 345 fps advertised IBO

Mathews:The Z7� Magnum is built for speed. At 80% let–off, the Z7 Magnum bolsters speeds up to 340 feet per second

PSE Omen: ATA/IBO speed: 366-358 fps

My crossbow "only" shoots 350. Not much difference, in speed or ft/lbs.... But I bet ya if they sold a bow that shoots as fast they would let him shoot it on their range.

It looks like the PSE is far more deadlier than my little 'ol crossbow, guess makes my xbow primitive...LOL!

Edited by Tim Martin

• 4 months later...

I know the public outdoor archery range at Willowbrook Park in Staten Island does not allow crossbows. I'm not sure about any of the other public outdoor ranges, but I'm guessing, no.

And if you were to fire any sort of bow in Central Park, you'd end up arrested, lol.

Edited by Sogaard

• 2 weeks later...