what is up with....

growalot

oddles of buck ...no doe.....I haven't seen one doe in range since I shot the Oct22 doe...and a serious amount of buck ...but either running nose down or chasing really small doe and doe fawns??...today I had one decent doe sneak in behind me and hit a trail leading away...no shot....then buck zig zagging every where....next was a doe being pushed by a buck ...she was headed straight for me...I drew when she went behind a tree...the young dark racked 8pt pushed her and when she trotted into the shooting lane and stopped...it was clearly a doe fawn...I let down and when they passed by a hundred ft I grunted to see if he'd turn...2 min later here he comes ...right under the stand...pretty brown short tined rack...hope he makes it thru gun....I don't get it where are all the big doe?...the corn fields are cut...and I still have turnip greens....tracks every where....I've hunted all hours and different stands and areas....I know we have a bunch of bow hunters here but come on they couldn't have shot all the big doe

Common story this year. The doe are just not moving much during daylight. Lots of thick cover this year (from all the rain), heavy apple crop, full moon in early November and mostly warm temps. In a couple of weeks with cold temps and snow the doe herds will be all over the woods.

Yep, doe are in thick cover and move under the cover of darkness. Common story here year after year about this time. Last mature does seen here was last Saturday night in the woods. Glands on the rear legs just starting to darken. Some of the does fawns look darker than hers. She nursed her doe fawns to the right of me.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter