i dont know how you folks do it

fisher2

i just got my camera back from the woods im hunting and i can see plenty of new tracks and droppings but no pictures whats up with that? i got 60 pictures of empty frames or raccons and a dog with no owner? and then my camera got knocked around and i got 400 pictures of a tree moving over and over again

Alot of it has to do with location, aside from keeping the camera away from swaying trees or branches you can often set the sensitivity level a little lower to minimize the chances of getting branches.If you have a lower budget camera that takes some time to "wake"up after it spots motion, you may consider placing it at a food source rather then a deer run or trail so you can get them to stop for a few minutes, and some decent pictures.

My cameras have taken well over a thousand pics and so far this season not one has taken a buck, and now they won't as we cannot trust them to be up during gun season...Its the first time this has ever happened, last year I would say we had like a 1 buck to 8 doe ratio happening. So its hard to figure..Good Luck

i have a wildview...... HORRIBLE. its soooooo slow, ive set it up and walked infront of it to test it out. #1 its got about a 15'-20' range #2 like 2 second trigger speed. #3 batterys last only 2 weeks maybe 2.5 weeks if i let it drain the batteries completely #4 i dont even anticipate it catching anything at night, if i do its a bonus pic.

when i tested it... it took 1 picture out of 5 attempts. thats with being able to watch the red sensor sense motion then the green sensor take the picture. every time both did what they were supposed to do but only took one picture of me!!! i was walking across at the furthest distance that it would sense motion which was like i said between 15 and 20 feet, and waiting two minutes in between pictures.

Lots of possible causes of this. How exactly do you have it setup? Pointing across a trail? If so, thats the problem. Angle it down the trail one way or the other, that way, even if its a slow trigger speed cam, the deer will be in frame for longer and youll have a better chance at getting it. What height is it at? If its too high, you can miss passing deer. Try hanging it 3 to 4 feet high with a slight downward angle. If its a cheap, or otherwise slow trigger speed cam, try putting it on a possible feeding area or scrape. The deer will spend more time at those types of spots, which keeps them in frame for longer.