Syracuse.com - Marcellus hunter nails big 8-point buck in Cortland County

"My dad (Mark Eriksson and I, Marcus Eriksson) went to investigate and found Pat standing atop a ridge fist pumping..."

10329494-large.jpgSubmitted photo

Pat Dougher, of Marcellus, poses with an impressive 8-point buck he shot in Cortland County on Nov. 3.

His hunting buddy, Marcus Eriksson wrote: "I promised my buddy from work who is also my sisters boyfriend I’d get him down to hunting camp.

"This morning, November 3rd we decided to take action. We arrived at camp and after listening to a few tunes waiting for the sun to rise we figured out who was going to hunt what stands.

"Pat took a tri-pod stand situated in a patch of pines just outside our orchard. As the fog rolled in with 100 yards of visibility this stud rolled in just like you see in the movies, surrounded by fog he came out to give a quick wind check of the pines…and after a few seconds realizing no scent in the air he turned to head back into the orchard..and probably wondering what the heck just happened as Pat Dougher put a double lung shot on him…standing in the same footprints of a 10 pt. I took less than 5 days previous!

"My dad (Mark Eriksson and I, Marcus Eriksson) went to investigate and found Pat standing atop a ridge fist pumping. We walked down to the creek about 50 yards from the stand to find him laying there.

"After a lot of hugs and high fives we had him loaded up and back to camp on the meat pole. Pat has a camp in the Tug Hill region and wasn’t prepared to hunt the thick stuff…let alone making a great shot on a great animal!

"Congrats, Pat."

10329449-large.jpgSubmitted photo

View the full article on The Syracuse Outdoors Blog