22 Scope

Skillet

OK guys, I want to get my kid a scope for his 22. Went to the Webster Dick's this morning. They have 2 that I was looking at. One was a fixed 4X mag Bushnell, the other was a BSA adjustable, it was called a "Sweet 22" I'm leaning towards the BSA. Both are the same price, $59.99. Anybody care to weigh in on which one of these might be a better product?

I have the BSA sweet 17 on my 17hmr. I heard a lot of great reviews of the sweet 22 while I was working in the lodge at Dick's.

It's a good straight forward scope, just don't trust the adjustable barrel feature. There's a lot more involved in accuracy than just twisting an adjustment knob as I'm sure you know

Thanks for the feedback. I noticed the adjustment thing on there too, it came with 3 different adjustment knobs, one for each different grain weight 22 bullet. Seems a little stupid. I like the scope though. Makes me feel better that you like yours.

Skillet...I had a BSA Sweet 17 on my 17 HMR also....It wasn't a GREAT scope optically, compared to my Leupolds, but it wasn't a BAD scope considering the $$. It worked fine for what I used it for, a squirrel rifle. I suspect it would serve you well for your .22..

Now if it were for a big game rifle that might get rough use in bad weather conditions, I'd say go with better quality, for dependability. I doubt that you will be using your .22 in the wildnerness in a monsoon, however..<grin>...

If you would opt for a used scope,I have a Tasco fixed 4x32 made in Japan#663A that has heavey duplex with fine center hairs,not in perfect condition,but not too far from it.I might even have the mounts/rings and screws for it. Just pay shipping.I may be able to send a pic or 2 if ya need to see it.

Thanks guys. LOL Pygmy, I never have much luck chasing them in a monsoon, I am counting on the next tsunami tho, maybe it'll wash some by me. Single shot, I wish I'd talked to you last night. I just got back from Dick's, bought the BSA. Thankyou for the offer though, and thankyou for your USAR service. Kurt

Edited by Skillet

Thanks guys. LOL Pygmy, I never have much luck chasing them in a monsoon, I am counting on the next tsunami tho, maybe it'll wash some by me. Single shot, I wish I'd talked to you last night. I just got back from Dick's, bought the BSA. Thankyou for the offer though, and thankyou for your USAR service. Kurt

O well,we tried.I'm sure the little man will like the new shiny one better anyway,lol. Your quite welcome.

Edited by Single_shot

I haven't had any luck with Bushnells. Too much parallax at any range. Make sure if you get a scope for the .22 that it is adjusted for parallax at 50 yds or so, not at 100 yds like a regular big game type scope would be. If you could pick up a used Leupold, you'd have a top rated scope, lifetime warranty and they will change the parallax setting for you for a nominal fee.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought the tasco 3x9x40 at walmart for 35 bucks it looks amazing on my 22. How do u add pics on iPod touch to here?

Easiest way is to connect your iPod touch to your computer then copy the picture over to your computer and upload it from there.

• 2 weeks later...