before and after.....

remember this summer well this was yesterday....all corn is gone...the grains....chicory...and clovers mowed....The turnips are actually still plentiful under the snow...but the deer are on other food right now thus the no prints...all in all I'm pleased with every thing but the sorghum....it grew great and yes was eaten ...but the seeds never matured for the turkey and the winds knocked them down...should hold some great mice and such for the raptors though...and squirrel and rabbits love it....

The small ones are a single row of wht spruce...the big pines are Norway that were planted by the state decades ago..yes woods on neighbors land...the other pine plantations are red pines...wht spruce...and I think more Norway...some plant by the state others by owners...the farmer planted a hill side on us in red pine that has now matured to dying age...with hard maple taking over....I've planted groups of wht spruce and pine...spruce made it deer took out all the pine...one in pick is a wild one that grew...there are also Tamerac plantings the state did next to us

I planted whole corn from T/C farms....my own mix of purple top...Bankart...and Apin turnips....then in the middle...I'd found a big pricing error at Gander Mnt on I think Evolve Habitat maxi plot...it was and orange bag...their thank you was letting me have a 15# bag for around 15.00...so I took it...and I have to say WOW...it grew great...a bit faster than I expected so the grain actually produced seed heads this was a very late August planting...I also over seeded it with turnips .to get the deer started on it....even the mature grain was mowed down as you can see...new plot section so not only did I get feed for the critters...but nitrogen from the clovers and chicory in the mix...should see the turkies hit this hard this spring...I use Welter Seed and honey company for my seed

Corn yeild was so great that I still have turnips all over ....We just had the Jan thaw and the field is actually still very productive....corn gave them early winter carbs....they now have mid winter and late winter they'll hit the HSG...heres a couple of pics of some on a HSG planting I did in the fall....nice and plump