T/C Encore .243 Win accuracy

I'm looking for a handload for T/C encore, 15" SS with muzzle break and 2-8 power scope that will give me really good accuracy at 200-300 yrds.. I've tried 10-12 loads with 80- 100 gr bullets and the best I can do is a 6 in. grouping @ 200 yrds. This will not cut it for deer hunting.

I'm not familiar with the Encore and their barrel options, but what is the rate of twist? 1 in 28? I'm wondering if you are pushing it too fast with that short of a barrel? I'd stick with a 95 or 100 grain for the deer load (imo) and maybe see if you can slow it down a tad to see if the lower speed will help with that barrel length.

T/C barrels in .243 have a twist rate of 1-10".

I can't recommend a load for your firearm, since every firearm is an indivual. However , many .243s give good accuracy with 100 grain bullets and medium slow powders such as IMR4350.

There are some deer bullets made in 80-85 grain. Nosler partition and Barnes TSX come to mind. Medium burn rate powders such as 4895 or 4064 often work well with this bullet weight. Good luck.

It may be your twist rate but you did say you tried 80 to 100gr bullets. You didn’t say what powder you are using I would stay away from the ball powders and try the IMR powders or even the H series from Hodgdon. I would try 4895,4064 and 3031 I would keep the powders on the faster side. I would weigh the powder charges one a time and not throw them.