Anyone counting down the days till May 1st ?

HopkintonHunter

• 2 weeks later...

Water water everywhere. Ditches are running full. What a difference a week makes. Guess have to break out the waders again this year. Farmers have some field corn planted here already. Ground is very soggy again. Turning out just like last year according to my records. Anyways, 7 days and counting.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

Wow, looks like winter on April 24th. That heavy wet nasty snow. Your ditches a gonna run full to when that melts, 50 tomorrow. We missed that mess. Just had a little bit of snow mixed in with mostly heavy rain. suns trying to peak out here now at times. Hey, nice to hear from u again.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

cant wait for the next few days to go by and get out in the woods, got everything ready to go. gonna do a bit of scouting this weekend and hopefully locate the roost trees. ive been doin a lot of scouting around home but have not had a chance to get up to the farm to look around. hopefully weather permits and i can get up there a few times before tuesday and figure out where i wanna be setting up

Opener is suppose to be good ...fingers crossed...I'm amazed at the number of tracks I located in the snow EVERY where....singles...and some groups...the pic below I took this morning ...her loud cluck woke me...sleep with window open....she looked a bit tired and lonely...having a hard time walking in the heavy snow.......Lost some nests or perhaps a few birds...many tracks had fox tracks following and a few spots were tore up ...with feathers around :umbrage: ...think some of those had tracs moving away but at a distance...That's life...going to be difficult figuring out which areas to hunt...Sons working nights so he can go to one half and I the other...good Luck everyone...