JAWS!!!

Lawdwaz

38 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

He took an awesome deer. I do see more wear on deer that old that we've sent in compared to his jawbone. Replacement and wear method was tapped out long before you'd get to 9.5 yrs old. Still if I had to put money down it'd still bet against it being that old. I'm curious because any time a deer is sent in its a way to back check what you're doing looking at the jawbone.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, greensider said:

I showed it to a biologist friend and he said minimum 5.5 but it has unusual wear like it had been broken jaw at one time or something else was going on with it 

It's a shame @The Jerkman won't post the actual results. I agree it's a great local deer regardless.

Would candy corn or an over abundance of salt in its diet cause “unusual wear”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think deer age gives a confidence index with results vs matson lab but if a deer has been eating off a corn pile all year or there's really mild winters like down south CA analysis sometimes doesn't work well. Cementum deposit rings are harder to make out. Doesn't seem to be that abnormal. It's a good idea to pull both sides if you see it has an abcess or compaction to make it favor a single side giving it uneven wear.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 2