JAWS!!!

Lawdwaz

9 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Sounds like I'm breaking out my hacksaw tomorrow to cut the front teeth off from the rest of the jaw.

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

Don’t be too fast with the saw!  I paid for the “lower front mandible” and they sent me an envelope with instructions on how to remove the teeth with a knife and pulling by hand.  They boned me on that for a crisp $5 bill.....I wasn’t getting a hunk of jaw in their itty bitty envelope.   

I questioned them on it and they said they were in the process of re writing their sales pitch.  Nice...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 10:54 PM, The Jerkman said:

Sounds like I'm breaking out my hacksaw tomorrow to cut the front teeth off from the rest of the jaw.

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Send them in yet??

• Like 1

Send them in yet??

Funny you ask. I dropped off the package with tracking on the 15th at the post office. It has still yet to be scanned in. So hopefully they aren't gone for good. Really regretting not waiting to send them in after the Christmas rush especially with how shitty the post office is

#WeDemandADislikeButton

27 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Funny you ask. I dropped off the package with tracking on the 15th at the post office. It has still yet to be scanned in. So hopefully they aren't gone for good. Really regretting not waiting to send them in after the Christmas rush especially with how shitty the post office is

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Bought a little something on November 5th for a Christmas present for the wife. It shipped via USPS and the tracking update showed as received by the post office in California the same day. No tracking updates since then. It arrived Monday, with the package beat to hell. The gift was OK. It wasn't fragile. If it was I doubt it would have survived. Tracking on Monday still wasn't updated since the first update in November.

It was an insignificant gift so I didn't really care. But it reinforces my belief that if it is important or time sensitive, I do not use the US mail.

• Like 1

I've been tracking a pkg I sent to my son and DIL and it wasn't scanned for over a week in the Syracuse usps facility! I was starting to worry as it is a Christmas gift, today I checked it and it scheduled for delivery!! WooHoo! Just in time. I bought it on line on 12-1, said it would be delivered by 12-17, so 1 week late really isn't to bad? 

• Like 1

I've been tracking a pkg I sent to my son and DIL and it wasn't scanned for over a week in the Syracuse usps facility! I was starting to worry as it is a Christmas gift, today I checked it and it scheduled for delivery!! WooHoo! Just in time. I bought it on line on 12-1, said it would be delivered by 12-17, so 1 week late really isn't to bad? 
Sounds about right. My wife had a package for my sister think it was delivered yesterday. Literally sat unscanned for two freaking weeks and damn near missed guaranteed delivery

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Sounds about right. My wife had a package for my sister think it was delivered yesterday. Literally sat unscanned for two freaking weeks and damn near missed guaranteed delivery

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Was the shipping expensive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

#WeDemandADislikeButton

I paid WAY too much to have something shipped to me USPS Priority Mail and it weighed less than a pound.  It took 10 days to get here from Minnesota............all the tracking in the world means dick with the USPS.  

• Like 2

I went to FedEx last week to send a package to my SIL. Nothing oversized, they wanted $90 to get it there “before Christmas” I agreed to the least expensive cost of $40 which “may arrive before” She got it in two days anyway.

There was a young man in front of me shipping gifts to his niece and nephew, they quoted him $371 for guarantee deliver because of the box size. He said Thats twice what these gifts cost! It ended up costing him $95.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Finally got Freddy's jaw back from the Taxidermist. I've got my own thoughts on how old he was but here are some pics to let the forum throw out their best guess.20201207_182614.jpg.3943e7a44bbcf760bc298cf699d1afff.jpgb37871d6b63e4e9862efb703b32c922a.jpgc1a8800d948ebf7d85a71d8391909607.jpgab4ed447ef19a5f658b2fda970a1ea91.jpg4e0cf845fe2c67fbaf3e76f33c180e2b.jpgde56c4fff4ee2613176ec212fcc47e93.jpg41a8dfd942ef1936656281d196329517.jpg731333290b69aecc5f21fd730016df5e.jpg1236d3e7ddd86886510bad27b20b53e2.jpg1531541311c88468cf86479e5a848ac1.jpg

#WeDemandADislikeButton

0139d323038177ef40230ea3751e1672.jpg9741b780e28ed931561ed0807bfd1e70.jpg

Freddy is 9.5!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

So its between 2.5 and 9.5? Seems hard to argue with that.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

@The Jerkman told me he got the report back and it's 9.5, but I haven't seen the documentation. Unfortunately, much like his beautiful turkey mount, I doubt he will ever show the proof. 

[mention=3682]The Jerkman[/mention] told me he got the report back and it's 9.5, but I haven't seen the documentation. Unfortunately, much like his beautiful turkey mount, I doubt he will ever show the proof. 
He took an awesome deer. I do see more wear on deer that old that we've sent in compared to his jawbone. Replacement and wear method was tapped out long before you'd get to 9.5 yrs old. Still if I had to put money down it'd still bet against it being that old. I'm curious because any time a deer is sent in its a way to back check what you're doing looking at the jawbone.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

I showed it to a biologist friend and he said minimum 5.5 but it has unusual wear like it had been broken jaw at one time or something else was going on with it 

Would candy corn or an over abundance of salt in its diet cause “unusual wear”?

• Like 1