New 224 build

Chef

So I’m building my 2nd 224 Valkyrie.

So far I have a aero upper and lower. A trigger tech ar diamonds trigger. A carbine buffer with a magpul STR stock, today arrived my slr ION handguard. Gas block will be seekins low profile adjustable.

Barrel and bolt carrier assembly are a Krieger blank cut and lapped by compass lake engineering.

Lead time on the barrel is about 12 weeks. Can’t wait to put it all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Good luck with the build Chef.  Just an FYI for future reference, this guy sells very accurate barrels for a reasonable price, including 224, 6.8 and 223 wylde.   

https://www.ar15performance.com

His prices do seem very reasonable... I may use him for my next 5.56 build.... how would you say he compared to white oak ?

11 hours ago, Chef said:

His prices do seem very reasonable... I may use him for my next 5.56 build.... how would you say he compared to white oak ?

My only barrel from WOA is a 204 that is very accurate.   So far, my only barrel from AR15 Perf. is a 6.8 that was used to build a buddy's upper.   Also very accurate.  Cloverleafs at 100 with 120 sst.   I am sure there are more serious match barrels but for the distances I shoot, the results are the same and one is 1/2 the price of the other.    Culver and I are going to put together a couple more uppers tomorrow with his barrels - another 6.8 and a 223 wylde.   We can update when we have some results.

• Like 3

My only barrel from WOA is a 204 that is very accurate.   So far, my only barrel from AR15 Perf. is a 6.8 that was used to build a buddy's upper.   Also very accurate.  Cloverleafs at 100 with 120 sst.   I am sure there are more serious match barrels but for the distances I shoot, the results are the same and one is 1/2 the price of the other.    Culver and I are going to put together a couple more uppers tomorrow with his barrels - another 6.8 and a 223 wylde.   We can update when we have some results.

That’s awesome man I will for sure try out those barrels on my next 5.56 build.

I have to say, if I ever make it out to WNY we should go shooting. We seem to have very similar taste in guns. I’ll even bring a few AP rounds

• Like 1