Fair Chase ?

fasteddie

,its legal so TO EACH THEIR OWN!!

I personally feel that 'legal' does not always mean right. After all, these are laws created by Man which are flawed as himself. We should follow our inner voice/hearts and do right by it. Following only Man's laws is not always the right thing to do. Legally, you can do alot that really does not always feel like the right thing to do. I wonder if the people that enjoy this type of hunting feel its 'right' inside themselves or are just missing that part.

Skillet i think you missed the point and the meaning of what i said.CAN I CALL THAT GUY A NON-HUNTER..HELL NO!!.I would not and will not do it but its their right,its legal so TO EACH THEIR OWN!! Just because i would not do it at this point in my hunting life does not give me the right to tell someone else they cant!! Or call it not hunting!!!

What I saw in that video is ABSOLUTELY NOT HUNTING, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Skillet i think you missed the point and the meaning of what i said.CAN I CALL THAT GUY A NON-HUNTER..HELL NO!!.I would not and will not do it but its their right,its legal so TO EACH THEIR OWN!! Just because i would not do it at this point in my hunting life does not give me the right to tell someone else they cant!! Or call it not hunting!!!

Ah, gotcha. Sorry, it was confusing at first. I see the point you were making.

Just got done reading the impassioned essay on the previous page that blames the notion of "fairchase" for all the losses that hunting has taken over the years. Apparently, because we try to keep some sort of lid on how we pursue game and attempt to apply some form of ethical approach to what we do, we are somehow feeding the animal rights movement.

I can only say, "thank heavens for those that do think about, and discuss, and have passionate feelings about such things". If our sport cannot withstand self-scrutiny and internal microscopic inspection, then perhaps it isn't worth preserving in the first place. Not everything is "to each their own". Such activities do need to be subject to moderation and reason and discussion and thought. And every time I enter this forum, I am thankful that there are people who do not simply let the laws established by a bunch of politicians dictate their own personal ethics and opinions on how we conduct hunting. No it's not "to each their own". There is almost nothing that occurs in hunting that does not reflect on us all and the way our hunting activities are perceived by ourselves and those around us. The idea of "anything goes" is a far greater threat than anything done or said in the name of fair-chase.