Shot the bow today , it’s been over a year.

rob-c

Since I didn’t hunt last year, it’s been some time since shooting my bow . I bought a HHA single pin slider and started sighting it in today. I was pretty happy with how i shot , this is my first group after rough sighting it in at 20. I still have to fine tune it yet as my archery muscles were  a bit out of shape so I stopped ( quality over quantity ) . Sure did feel good to get out and shoot the bow though .. 

2E86E54D-D918-4423-9BE3-404709EB63ED.jpeg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, G-Man said:

Good as a crossbow out of the box.... ;)

Yep with out a peep too, funny how after the first couple arrows the rust falls off and muscle memory takes over . But with a crossbow one could have kept shooting till dark, I shot 13-14 arrows total and I was feeling it. 

14 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Yep with out a peep too, funny how after the first couple arrows the rust falls off and muscle memory takes over . But with a crossbow one could have kept shooting till dark, I shot 13-14 arrows total and I was feeling it. 

Not cocking a x bow with a rope a few shots is enough.. maybe a hand winch..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, G-Man said:

You use shoulder muscle group on scapula  same as everyone, try bending at waist and pull a cord totally different muscle groups 

The muscles used to draw a bow are the  levator scapulae it is located in the upper back and it aids in back tension by pulling the shoulder blade in and up toward the neck. This muscle works together with the trapezius and rhomboids to create what is referred to as “back tension” and is used to hold the bow back at full draw. The trapezius and rhomboids are also located on the upper back and provide the ability to move the shoulder blade towards the spine as well as up and down.  A strong upper back is essential , with not only the ability to produce force but also the ability to hold weight steady for an extended period of time. 

• Like 2

Since I didn’t hunt last year, it’s been some time since shooting my bow . I bought a HHA single pin slider and started sighting it in today. I was pretty happy with how i shot , this is my first group after rough sighting it in at 20. I still have to fine tune it yet as my archery muscles were  a bit out of shape so I stopped ( quality over quantity ) . Sure did feel good to get out and shoot the bow though .. 
2E86E54D-D918-4423-9BE3-404709EB63ED.thumb.jpeg.427edf5b2dbd0b71db3dbea64700c108.jpeg
Sure, but anybody can shoot that well with their toes after a year.

Sent from my S30U+ using Tapatalk

• Like 1