WTB gloss finish Leupold

It’s for an older Savage 99. I’ve got a bunch of matte VX3’s, but I’d like a gloss finish for this one if I can find a good deal. Everything I’ve seen on EBay seems to be pricey. I’d entertain the compact line, Vari-X II, Vari-X III, or even a fixed power. Hoping to find one that someone’s had sitting around for a while that they’d part with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The value of American made vintage scopes price wise has gone through the stratosphere in recent years and it does not seem to matter what make they are, across the board commanding big bucks is the rule of the day.

I picked up a Winchester model 52 bench rifle 20 years ago that had open Olympic sights, my eyes had just begun to start going south so I mentioned to the dealer I may want to mount a period scope on the rifle in the future. So he pulls out a used Redfield 20X 3200 target scope in very good condition and offered it to me for $100 which by the way was the going price back then. Fast forward to today, that same scope now easily goes for over a grand if you can locate one for sale.

I am constantly scanning ebay for good American made scopes and the days of getting them for a song are long gone. If you can find a nice one for a half way decent price my advice is buy it because they are only going to continue their upward climb in value.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

The value of American made vintage scopes price wise has gone through the stratosphere in recent years and it does not seem to matter what make they are, across the board commanding big bucks is the rule of the day.
I picked up a Winchester model 52 bench rifle 20 years ago that had open Olympic sights, my eyes had just begun to start going south so I mentioned to the dealer I may want to mount a period scope on the rifle in the future. So he pulls out a used Redfield 20X 3200 target scope in very good condition and offered it to me for $100 which by the way was the going price back then. Fast forward to today, that same scope now easily goes for over a grand if you can locate one for sale.
I am constantly scanning ebay for good American made scopes and the days of getting them for a song are long gone. If you can find a nice one for a half way decent price my advice is buy it because they are only going to continue their upward climb in value.
Al

I’m seeing that now. Makes me cringe to think how many I sold not too long ago now that could sell for triple what I got. I remember shooting NRA 4 position small bore and using a 20x Unertl scope. They were considered “fine” but were often traded out for newer, even Chinese stuff. They bring crazy money now. This was only about 15-17 years ago.

I’m looking for gloss finish Leupold. Prefer Vari-X III or ultralight but will entertain others. Thanks.

I’m not sure if your still looking, but I saw this on Craigslist. I don’t know the person selling it,just passing it along.

https://albany.craigslist.org/spo/d/amsterdam-rifle-scope/7317131288.html