Clearance Sale

nyantler

My wife came back from a visit to the local dollar store for some shaving cream and deodorant.. she said.. "Wow! The dollar store is closing in town." my reply... " Was everything on sale??" LMAO

nyantler, which dollar store? hope its not the one in Bridgeport.

ny antler, my wife and mom also hit up this same store! strange a dollar store is going out.. always see that place full of cars.

They have to be working on a tiny margin, which makes them pretty fragile everytime inflation takes the inevitable step upward. That calls for some pretty exotic management. It's not the kind of business I would get into.

They have to be working on a tiny margin, which makes them pretty fragile everytime inflation takes the inevitable step upward. That calls for some pretty exotic management. It's not the kind of business I would get into.

Although, wouldn't you think that when times are a little tight.. the dollar store might pick up business... I'm sure their business expenses are what makes it harder though... pretty bad when even the dollar store takes a hit.

The other strange thing here is that.. as soon as people heard the store was going out.. they rushed in and bought up all the inventory.. 2 months before the actual closing... it only took a few days for the store to go through almost all their inventory....

The other strange thing here is that.. as soon as people heard the store was going out.. they rushed in and bought up all the inventory.. 2 months before the actual closing... it only took a few days for the store to go through almost all their inventory....

They finally found an advertising method that caught on with the public ...... lol.

I don't know how it is in other areas, but the dollar stores around us don't really do a whole lot of advertising. Quite frankly, I think I have spent a lot of extra moneyat other places simply because the dollar store escapes my attention. But sales like you are talking about probably have the attention of the whole community.

And then there is always the possibility that that store simply was mis-managed. I would guess that not just anybody can run any kind of store. There must be some natural talent toward the basics of making money in order to be successful at any retail ventures. Maybe the store owner just didn't have that talent. I've noticed that people can run any business into the ground with very little effort ........ look at Kodak ..... lol.