Another Under Handed Attempt at Gun Control

Hunters are up in arms over an Arizona-based conservation group latest bid to get the federal government to ban lead bullets, which the environmentalists claim contaminates the food chain.

The Center for Biological Diversity, which claims 220,000 members, has sent a petition to the Environmental Protection Agency on behalf of nearly 100 groups in 35 states asking the agency to regulate lead right out of ammunition. It's the second time the group has attempted to get the EPA

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/16/hunting-industry-fires-back-at-environmental-groups-effort-to-ban-toxic-lead/#ixzz1pIfNTgnn

I'm not ignorant... I'm also not a paranoid malcontent.

When you don't have an intelligent fact based response, mis-direct the debate by insulting your opponent. Barack has taught you well. Read my tag line it fits you perfectly.

Take the time to find out what will happen if they succeed in banning lead from ammo and you will see what a threat to hunting this ploy is.

Ever look at all copper bullets for hunting? Any idea what they cost? Besides the jury is still out on lead bullets having any effect on any wildlife, other than the ones that are shot with it.

We may be playing a part in this ourselves: Just look at all the hoopla where hunters promote the new non-lead ammo as being far superior to lead...and well worth the cost. Hell, we may end up talking ourselves out of lead. Then, once lead is banned, the anti's will then come back with an attempt to ban this new ammo that "according to hunters" is far more dangerous/destructive than lead.

Shut up and keep shooting lead!

I didn't insult anyone and I didn't call any names. In fact, it was Elmer Fudd who took a shot at me first. Wooffer, you give yourself way too much credit- get over yourself. The fact that not everyone shares your opinion does not make them stupid. It's always funny to me how any thought or opinion that is different is so threatening. Go ahead and read all the posts on this thread and see where the insults started.

There are a lot of areas where I've been trout fishing that forbid the use of lead. I've never heard any fly fishermen crying about these restrictions being a threat to their constitutional rights. They recognize that the reasons for the restrictions and move on with their lives. Not every single regulation is part of a nationwide sytsematic conspiracy to take away your guns.

There are a lot of areas where I've been trout fishing that forbid the use of lead. I've never heard any fly fishermen crying about these restrictions being a threat to their constitutional rights. They recognize that the reasons for the restrictions and move on with their lives. Not every single regulation is part of a nationwide sytsematic conspiracy to take away your guns.

That's because the right to own lead weights wasn't in the constitution. Anyhow, here's some proof that fisherman don't agree with the ban.

http://www.flwoutdoo...n-front-burner/

http://www.pressofat...1cc4c03286.html

Edited by ELMER J. FUDD