CarlinMarlin Intro

carlinmarlin

Hello fellow hunters! I live in Miami Florida but I purchased a hunting cabin in Adirondack state park. It sits on 25 acres but I border state forest on all sides. I am an avid bow hunter, but will hunt with anything, [rifle, black powder]. I am a docter & while I was doing my residency in New York City [1989-1993] I hunted public lands in the Catskills many times & was fortunate to harvest some nice deer with my bow. The park is beautiful & the people are real nice. :bye: Carlinmarlin

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Carlin. A word to the wise, don't refer to the Adirondack's as a state park to the locals. More than half the land within the Adirondack Park is privately owned. To the people who live there, it's not a park it's their home and where they try to make a living

Edited by jhog1

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Carlin. A word to the wise, don't refer to the Adirondack's as a state park to the locals. More than half the land within the Adirondack Park is privately owned. To the people who live there, it's not a park it's their home and where they try to make a living

and even more annoying is tourons who use terms like "dacks" and "dackers" etc, and think it makes them fit in.

calling me a "dacker" its the same as calling an italian a wop, a black guy a spook or a frenchman a frog or a canadian a canuck, an NDN woman a squaw ( which is female genitalia), or a mexican a spic...its a great way to start a fight and let us know you ahve no respect for natives or our region.

another thing you will learn being inside the blue line is any sign that has "Adirondack" on its name such as " ADirondack Jim's Taxidermy" etc is a sure sign they are NOT locals, we never use the term adirondacks to describe ourselves or where we are from or located. Especially those of us whose familes are here from before the park creations and the APA and lost our lands and homes to imminent domain to create the Park to begin with.

course i'm old and grumpy and the first night I couldnt hear loons calling goodnight because of dogs barking and music blasting on the lake I sold our lands and the family house built in 1823 and left the north country in 2006. too many people but yepper its beautiful and hope you enjoy your time there.