Ted Nugent ----- A Poacher ???

noodle one

He was charged with 11 violations in the incident, but his lawyers pleaded guilty to two, which the court accepted. So it wasn't just that he shot a spike buck. There was 11 charges against him!

I wonder if he is going to use that when he teaches youth? What? on how not to be?!

It is interesting that he had so many violations in one episode.

Was that typical?

Was that the first time?

Did he break the law on other hunts?

He  has  left a pretty obvious blood trail of video shows for CO's from other states to examine.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you have investigated this issue so throughly you can tell us what those 11 violations were?  You seem to be saying if a hunter is charged with a violation he is guilty before he is convicted. 

I suspect the fact he was charged in California, he was charged with 9 extra violations that were either bogus or punitive in nature and subsequent to other violations that would not get a conviction.

It's called piling on for the purpose of intimidation.

The D.A. threaten to "Bankrupt" Nugent if he decided to fight the charges and offered the charges be lowered to just two.  Nugent wanted to go to court, but his attorneys advised him it wasn't worth his time. 

It has been revealed the C'mere Deer was actually on adjoining property that Nugent didn't even hunt on. The fact the deer ate it before coming to him was not under his control.

It is legal to shoot the buck he shot if the antlers had only a slight point forming a fork.  The age of a spike and a fork horn can be the same, so saying he shot a deer too young is not true.  He shot a deer California thinks is too young, but scientifically, they don't have a leg to stand on.

He eventually pled no contest Friday in Yuba County Superior Court to two misdemeanors: baiting a deer and failing to have a deer hunting tag signed by a reviewing official after a kill.  The spike buck shooting wasn't even one of the charges he pled no contest to.  Why do you suppose that is?

Anyone who supports the California F&G in this case deserves to find themselves in the same trumped up situation some day to see exactly what it is they don't know about F&G prosecutions.

Anyone that totally believes the propaganda we are seeing from the Liberal Left Wing media and the anti-hunting community about Ted's case, has no clue what liars they are either.

Base your opinion on the facts.  Other than the fact he pleaded no contest, which means he admits no wrong doing and the state has proven nothing, there is nothing more to say.  End of story!

Anyone that totally believes the propaganda we are seeing from the Liberal Left Wing media and the anti-hunting community about Ted's case, has no clue what liars they are either.

I picked up this story on other hunting/shooting forums, along with the news links to support its existence. It's been the outpouring of comments from hunters who have expressed their displeasure or distaste for Ted's actions that strikes me as interesting for it seems that there are some definitive opinions as to what others think of his actions, both past and present.

I don't recall a figure associated with the NRA or hunting past or present who was/is as controversial as Ted. One needs to ask if that's such a good thing.

And you have investigated this issue so throughly you can tell us what those 11 violations were?  You seem to be saying if a hunter is charged with a violation he is guilty before he is convicted. 

I suspect the fact he was charged in California, he was charged with 9 extra violations that were either bogus or punitive in nature and subsequent to other violations that would not get a conviction.

It's called piling on for the purpose of intimidation.

The D.A. threaten to "Bankrupt" Nugent if he decided to fight the charges and offered the charges be lowered to just two.  Nugent wanted to go to court, but his attorneys advised him it wasn't worth his time. 

It has been revealed the C'mere Deer was actually on adjoining property that Nugent didn't even hunt on. The fact the deer ate it before coming to him was not under his control.

It is legal to shoot the buck he shot if the antlers had only a slight point forming a fork.  The age of a spike and a fork horn can be the same, so saying he shot a deer too young is not true.  He shot a deer California thinks is too young, but scientifically, they don't have a leg to stand on.

He eventually pled no contest Friday in Yuba County Superior Court to two misdemeanors: baiting a deer and failing to have a deer hunting tag signed by a reviewing official after a kill.  The spike buck shooting wasn't even one of the charges he pled no contest to.  Why do you suppose that is?

Anyone who supports the California F&G in this case deserves to find themselves in the same trumped up situation some day to see exactly what it is they don't know about F&G prosecutions.

Base your opinion on the facts.  Other than the fact he pleaded no contest, which means he admits no wrong doing and the state has proven nothing, there is nothing more to say.  End of story!

Latin for "no contest." In a criminal proceeding, a defendant may enter a plea of nolo contendere, in which he does not accept or deny responsibility for the charges but agrees to accept punishment. The plea differs from a guilty plea because it cannot be used against the defendant in another cause of action. For example, pleading nolo contendere to criminal charges side steps possible estoppel claims from being filed in a civil lawsuit. Nolo contendere pleas differ from Alford pleas in this regard. See Alford plea.

We used to say somebody was either right or they were wrong.

But now, in this litigious society we live in, I guess there is this big gray area in between...is that what you are saying, full of loop holes and worm holes?

The "nolo contendere" plea, how 'bout the "I plead the Fifth Amendment (on advice of counsel of course,) or just old fashioned, "to the best of my recollection, your honor, I can't remember."

Now we have crimes of passion, and of course, the trusty old insanity defense.

Come to think of it, the latter defense would certainly be no surprise in this particular case, and would be a piece-of-cake sell for the Nuge to make if all the other loop holes were too tight to worm his over inflated ego through.  :)