Early September Canada Goose Hunt

CharlieNY

Went out this morning with 2 buddies on an early season goose hunt. Had a great morning. That's me kneeling in the picture with one of my buddies. We bagged 10 geese and honestly missed a few more. It got so warm out that we quit early. All in all it was a good day.      valoroutdoors.com 

20210917_114654.jpg

• Like 7

We had another great morning today. We put the smack down on 14 birds. Picture is my son and I. Our shooting was phenomenal as today we only missed 1 bird. What a beautiful day and a terrific memory.    valoroutdoors.com 
image000000.jpg.ff8a26242e8cbd65646d237fac0aaa76.jpg
What was your morning setup?
Over open water.....were they there last night?
Early season is tricky.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Been a few years since I hunted geese. BIL and I use to hunt early season  alot . He herniated a disk.. compression fractures when the hey wagon he was stacking  on broke free from the frame and threw him . We haven't been since . I miss it . Looks like you got the birds dialed in . Still waiting for them to cut corn and oats . Things are still very green .

15 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

What was your morning setup?
Over open water.....were they there last night?
Early season is tricky.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

We set up on the pond in the picture. We used silhouette decoys on the banks and the mowed lawn around the pond. We did not put any floating decoys in the pond. There were no birds on the pond last night but we did have several flocks fly over the pond yesterday morning. The birds were focusing on the silhouettes and coming in. We also had a motorized flapper decoy in our silhouettes.       valoroutdoors.com 

• Like 2