my My 2011 season

Xtreme

Here is my first deer of 2011. A 99lb dressed doe for the freezer and the bonus tag. Taken on Oct 4th on the AM sit.

DSC00601.jpg

Here is my 8 pointer from mid October. Dressed at a little over 100 lbs. That's the bow I used this year, a mathews Z7 Xtreme, 62 lbs, ICS hunter 400's with montec CS 100 gr broadheads.

DSC00627.jpg

Here's my second buck, a decent 8 pointer from Mid November in Suffolk. AM sit. 110lb dressed.

DSC00651.jpg

And my bonus busck this year. A deer I was chasing and watching from May, but he never showed himself during the day until Thanksgivng. My nine point drop tine buck. The first buck I ever took with a drop tine. He is hanging in my living room next to last years ten pointer 131".

DSC00692.jpg

We went on to kill a lot of deer this year from my property in Suffolk and friends properties in Orange. It was a banner year with 17 deer taken from my deer camp.

Some frist were, my nephew Ian taken both his first deer. his first was a button buck he thought was a doe and then in December he took a real nice 6 pointer. this was Ian's first year hunting and he did it all with a bow at 15 years old. justin took his second deer but his first buck, another nice 6 pointer. He shot this with one of my old bowtech Equalizers that i gave him. ian shot his with Justin old equalizer that I had given him before the newer one. patrick took his fourth deer at 19 years old. A big 7 pointer measuring 107 inches with a 18 1/2 inch spread. Both of these boys were with me Sunday at Thrill of the Hunt shooting. Outside of work and girls, there is nothing more these guys like more then shooting their bows. patrick has won 1st place at pinewood Archers A class, first place at peconic river Sportsmans Club A class and 2nd place at Peconic river Sportsmans class B class. This Sunday he shoots AA with me at the Peconic Shoot. I hope he pulls off another trophy, even if it means he beat me. Nothing better then watching family gorw in the shooting sports, except maybe deer camp with them.

Edited by Xtreme
  • Like 1

DSC00787.jpg

here I am with my nephew Patrick and his 7 point archery deer. His biggest deer yet and on New Year's eve. He passed a lot of smaller deer to let the air out of this one. And he waited till the last moment when his dream was granted. Great job by this young hunter. He is turning into a real hunter and a great archer. He makes me proud each day.

DSC00676.jpg

Here is my nephew justin with his first buck this season at 16 yrs of age. Second deer ever and both bow kills. Nice 6 pointer. Another young man that makes his Uncle proud each day., get the kids involved in shooting and hunting and you rest easier at night knowing the kids dreams are filled with tournament shoots and big bucks. Not all the bad stuff that is out there.

DSC00750.jpg

And my other nephew that hunted this year with us. Ian is 15 and took up archery and hunting this year. He has hunted upland birds last year and small game but this was his first big game hunting season. Us9ng a Bowtech Equalizer that I had given to Justin 2 years ealier, Justin lent it to ian to shoot this season. And shoot he did. He took a button for hsi first deer and this dandy 6 pointer in December. Another smiling proud uncle can be found with me. I couldn;t ask to be around better kids. And the clan keeps growing next year Mikey will be joining us at 13 years old. I can't egt any more proud. All the boys are turning into great archers and following in my footsteps. patrick, Justin and Mikey have al won tourneys in archery indoor and 3D. Keep making me proud boys.

• 3 weeks later...