Update?

G-Man

The point is these pinned posts should be updated.. we are 3 days from start of bow season and the current post is 2019...  idk about reactions I'd something is disturbing or I don't want to see I scroll past ,offensive  scroll past..  

You can't get new members on a site that looks dead/dated... simple.. moderators should update the welcome pages even if they are only seen by new , visiting, or browsing people..  you can have an amazing content  hut I'd the outside looks like a slum you don't go in...  we are not hiding from housing appraisers...  butt ugly outside and beautiful interior...    a simple solution is copy the text and repost with new date at least.... smh

• Like 1

I kinda like this forum just the way it is. FB is too much of a free-for-all. Even the groups fall under FB regulations or what they like to call community standards. I stated i think Cuomo is going to hang for the charges he's facing and they banned me for using a figure of speech, "hang". People are fed up with their robot Gestapo, especially people who use marketplace for business. These people generally don't post on FB at all because of fear that some robotic ban will boot them. I mentioned a white trash TV personality and was banned for that. My FB profile shows my face and I couldn't be any Whiter!

4 hours ago, airedale said:

Actually I have run several, the one listed below is a small private board that has been up now for almost 20 years, I pay for everything. The costs charged are are based on exactly what I posted above.

Al

2021-09-28_082949.png

Time to look for a new host if you have to pay for each visitor that goes to the sites. My first was from 2006-2009 and I never paid for visits, I paid like $225 a year for unlimited everything. In 2010 I put up a new site through a host and only paid $135 a year for unlimited everything, with a ton of one click software installs for forums, portals, CMS, and a bunch of other software. I have recently been looking at setting up a place to sell my knives, slings, and other items I make, a few hosts still have unlimited disk space and bandwidth for for about the same, $135-200 depending on if I want dedicated servers. That price includes domain registration if you pay for at least a year up front and has about 200 one click installs of software ranging from CMS, forums, video, blogs, Wordpress, e-commerce, photo sharing and a lot of others. If you opt for paying per month the domain is $15 a year and hosting is around $15 a month. I will not be using any ads to pay for anything if I set up a site. Part of the sales proceeds will go towards the site, or I'll just pay it out of pocket. I don't like ads so I won't make any visitors have to deal with them either.

4 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Rob has some good points. But a growing Site,I contend does need more diverse topics then Hunting,Fishing,Camping, and the Outdoors.

Let us compare this site to one nearly identical- njwoodsandwaters.

That site has many more areas to post up Threads. Here are some-

- General Recreation  Discussion, Boating, Health + Fitness, SPORTS ,Lounge which equals Chit- Chat here. And a new one-- Covid Discussion .

And these Non Hunting areas have plenty of Threads within. Obviously  members and GUESTS are Tuning in alot.

There are also 9 " Reactions" compared to just 5 " reactions " here. There are plenty of times when- "Like" is not appropriate .

What can be improved  here is more reactions. If you don't  agree with a Quote coming your way and you don't  feel like writing a Counter Quote- your only option is to throw up a "Haha".

Now,I ask- how many members here would like to see- Disturbing, DISAGREE, + AGREE added on to the Reaction list?  I know,I would. Alot of times,I don't  have the time to return all Quotes and probably  the same for most here. A "Reaction" of Disagree ,Agree,or Disturbing gets your point plainly across to the Person Either Quoting you or just a member leaving a reaction. And 9 Reactions are much better then having just 5.

Obviously  non hunting related topics bring in Money to a Site.And plenty of Guests are Tuning in. Let us not forget that.

If this site had more Forum areas like- Sports,etc- Chit- Chat would not be overcrowded. 

Now I contend things would get plenty Boring if all the Threads were just Hunting+ Fishing. And less Guests would regularly  Tune in as well.

Now as a regular  poster,I post on a number of diverse topics on a regular  basis. And the Guests are Tuning in. And a few members also as somehow,I have 4 Followers.  My content is appealing to many. And the beauty of this site also is one does not have to Tune in to a Member they dislike. But especially  in " Political "- that content is read and Negative  Quotes thrown up.

I digress a bit here- but currently  I have Bohdi_308- " Patrick  Swayze " checking my Profile a good twice a week . He write Attacking Quotes against  me on a regular  basis  after rechecking my profile. Not healthy  for this site- but it is what it is.

So in conclusion- this Site needs more Forum Areas for more diverse  Topics and more Reactions  installed.

I have been a member of forums where they disabled all the likes and so on. Up until a few years ago when it was taken down by the owner I was an Admin on a forum where there was no like system, and certain boards did not add to post count such as general areas. Your post count only went up of you contributed to what the forum was about. That makes more sense then the middle school cafeteria vibe most forums have. Leave out the popularity aspects and don't count nonsense posts and threads, and you will draw the people who are serious about the sites theme and topic.

2 hours ago, G-Man said:

The point is these pinned posts should be updated.. we are 3 days from start of bow season and the current post is 2019...  idk about reactions I'd something is disturbing or I don't want to see I scroll past ,offensive  scroll past..  

You can't get new members on a site that looks dead/dated... simple.. moderators should update the welcome pages even if they are only seen by new , visiting, or browsing people..  you can have an amazing content  hut I'd the outside looks like a slum you don't go in...  we are not hiding from housing appraisers...  butt ugly outside and beautiful interior...    a simple solution is copy the text and repost with new date at least.... smh

I agree with what you're saying @G-Man. The basic foundation of any forum or web site should be updated regularly. It's 2021 so the new articles and news should be updated to reflect all the changes to hunting in the past few years. The owner here is rarely around to update this stuff, and I'm guessing the Mods don't have access to alter this area of the forum?