Opinions

Taylormike

Happy Halloween guys and gals.  With us entering November, what is your opinion on the rut?  Have they hit lock down yet. I hunt in 9p and my cameras have showed little to no chasing, followed by nearly zero deer activity.  My week off is the 9th-14th.  I'm just hoping I'm not too late.  Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Taylormike said:

Happy Halloween guys and gals.  With us entering November, what is your opinion on the rut?  Have they hit lock down yet. I hunt in 9p and my cameras have showed little to no chasing, followed by nearly zero deer activity.  My week off is the 9th-14th.  I'm just hoping I'm not too late.  Thanks.

Nah.  Imho the single best day is the 10th or 11th. Well, I guess that's 2 days .lol. I cannot make up my mind..besides , my 2 week hunting trip doesn't start this year until the 9th.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Taylormike said:
12 minutes ago, phade said:

Still two weeks away from lockdown IMO.

19 minutes ago, ncountry said:

Nah.  Imho the single best day is the 10th or 11th. Well, I guess that's 2 days .lol. I cannot make up my mind..besides , my 2 week hunting trip doesn't start this year until the 9th.

I'm liking the confidence and hope so.  Not a lot of deer movement for us this year, thus far.  Obviously the rain hasn't helped.

Edited by Taylormike

1 hour ago, Taylormike said:

I believe you and I hunt fairly close to each other in 9p , my cameras have been really lame the last 5 days ,small bucks moving at night is about it for me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I believe you and I hunt fairly close to each other in 9p , my cameras have been really lame the last 5 days ,small bucks moving at night is about it for me.

Yes, what's up with the lack of movement, just so quiet, I'm not really seeing does either.  Hopefully soon.

3 minutes ago, Taylormike said:

Yes, what's up with the lack of movement, just so quiet, I'm not really seeing does either.  Hopefully soon.

I get the same 2 doe every morning on one cam and that's it . I focused my cameras on travel routes between bedding that I've had experience seeing bucks in past years.  I honestly dont really see many good bucks once the season gets going . I actually haven't even been there to hunt yet.

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

I get the same 2 doe every morning on one cam and that's it . I focused my cameras on travel routes between bedding that I've had experience seeing bucks in past years.  I honestly dont really see many good bucks once the season gets going . I actually haven't even been there to hunt yet.

Well, I hope you get out and get a chance at a big one.

• Like 1

You're not alone! My cams have all but flatlined for the past week! I'm talking just a single doe and a little 7pt keeping them going! TERRIBLE!! I've been seeing up to 13 does in my neighbors field (no hunting), but not a buck to be seen with them! Hard to believe with all of this talk of chasing going on in some areas... it'll happen one of these days! I'll be ready when they are though!! LOL

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

You're not alone! My cams have all but flatlined for the past week! I'm talking just a single doe and a little 7pt keeping them going! TERRIBLE!! I've been seeing up to 13 does in my neighbors field (no hunting), but not a buck to be seen with them! Hard to believe with all of this talk of chasing going on in some areas... it'll happen one of these days! I'll be ready when they are though!! LOL

Exactly, I haven't seen hardly anything.  Even while driving to and from.  Just so quiet, I'm thinking this week.