Florida Gator Hunt

We are taking a trip down to Florida to visit my mom in August, so I figured I would look into a gator hunt while I am there. Have any of you done a gator hunt down there? Looking for any reccomendations on guides. Id like to get a chance at something trophy size if Im spending the money.

You Bastard, you Dirty Rotten Bastard... :pleasantry: going gator hunting without taking some of your HuntingNY friends is just not right!

Okay... in reality, I don't know of any outfitters or places to hunt, but I hope you get to go and bag a dandy! Then, post some photos to taunt us of your prowess.

Gramma can't wait to see those babies can she?

Edited by MuzzyLoader

Troy Landry and the "Choot 'em" outfitters. B)

Sorry, just couldn't let that one pass.....

Flordia in August.....? Been there in July & wished I hadn't!!!

HAHA, choot em choot em! I love that show.

I used to live there, so I know what to expect. My fiance on the other hand, has no idea what shes in for lol.

You Bastard, you Dirty Rotten Bastard... :pleasantry: going gator hunting without taking some of your HuntingNY friends is just not right!

Okay... in reality, I don't know of any outfitters or places to hunt, but I hope you get to go and bag a dandy! Then, post some photos to taunt us of your prowess.

Gramma can't wait to see those babies can she?

HAHAHA sorry!

Yeah my mom hasnt seen my son yet except in pictures and on Skype, so shes super excited to meet him. She hasnt seen my daughter in a couple of years either.

Can't recommend an outfitter. I went with relatives in '07 and it was a blast. Super hot, muggy and buggy but hey, it's Florida in august.

So did you have to get the public land tag or did you go on private land? I want to avoid the public land tag stuff, I think the deadline to apply is already gone. Nice gators BTW!

100% public land, fair chase. There were literally thousands of gators with many many 10 footers and bigger. I didn't clarify well about hunting with relatives. My relatives live right there so it was very convenient in many aspects including having a place to stay and them having the boats. I must add, my relation had never hunted gator before our '07 hunt. We learned fast and everyone tagged out easily. Now they hunt every year with tremendous success. Phase I of the gator hunting application is May 2-16. So you still have time. http://myfwc.com/license/limited-entry-hunts/general-info/alligator-hunt-permit/

Problem is, public land season starts on the day after I leave, so that option is out for me. I have to go with a private land hunt. I wont do a ranch or farm hunt. I am actually looking into the option of going with a nuisance gator trapper, as its about 1/4 the price of some of the hunts, but its a last minute type of deal.