Florida mobile home shopping

Nomad

Yikes ! We’re presently in Northport the 5th largest city in fla ,at a friend’s mobile home park . 400 units with multiple other parks all over the place for idk thousands of them . Searching online there is a grand total of 8 for sale in the area, and those don’t look so good, except for a couple of really nice ones , for a quarter million …. I know the housing market is tight, didn’t expect this ,considering the age of the owners I figured more of a turn over . 

plan on booking the same condo in Sarasota  for next year I guess , but need to do that ASAP . 

2 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I bet the price on that condo rental is higher for next year……considerably.  

From about $140 to $200 a night  depending on the dates . It’s one of the last old small places in the area, corporation’s are buying everything up and building “ hotel houses “ that rent for $1000 a night . Geno has 8 units in the same footprint ,so he’s doing ok .

Our host just told me realtors have a waiting list of buyers for these mobile home parks .

Years ago my wife was here and the one nextdoor was for sale at a good price, she still laments not writing a check .

I’m flirting with the idea of purchasing something in Florida as well an investment property and then something to retire at potentially. The market is crazy like you said. I spoke to a realtor down there who told me that she was anticipating things cooling down soon. Who really knows but when you look at what these places sold for five years ago and what they’re going for today is insane

• Like 2