Super Walleye Morning

Pygmy

I fished my local river this morning for walleyes...

I had my best catch ever,,,

Took a limit ( 5 fish) with the smallest a 19 incher ( 2 1/4 lb) and the biggest 29 inches ( 7 1/4 lb.)

All on light tackle, 6 lb. test and a # 11 floating rapala ...I was wading and fishing light spinning tackle.

This is only the third time I have limited out on marbleyes on the local small rivers, and my best catch overall..

Normally, if I catch ONE legal walleye in a morning (or evening) it is a good catch..Many times I don't catch any..

I'm hitting the river again tomorrow to see if my luck is holding out..

• Like 2

Pygmy,

It sounds like you have a great morning on the water. Anytime you can limit out on walleyes (19"in to 29"in) means you were doing something right. They would be a nice catch in anyones book. I don't fish for walleyes ,but I know a lot of guys who do and would love to know where you were fishing. That no.#11floating rapala is a killer . I know a few guys on the Delaware who fish the first thing in morning for trout that do real well using them.

Okay Larry...It's fine beer drinking weather..

Wel.l...er.... I guess most any weather is fine beer drinking weather.. B) ....

I went again this morning...Only got one keeper, but he was 28" and weighed 7 pounds...Those nice thick filets cook up nice, flaky and moist in the middle..YUM !!..

Got him at 5:20 AM...Only other walleye I caught today was a little guy, barely legal if that..Fortunately he was not hooked deep and promptly went back in the river to grow up.

OMG house ownership sucks!!! LOL I am just ranting because I have not gotten out to fish this year and my new boat is sitting idle in my yard... Thier is just not enough time in the day!!! Between yard work, house maintenance and vehecle repairs I am finding no time for fishing/scouting this year so far. Good thing is I still have all of my 21 + days of sick/vacation time.

Good job with the walleyes Pygmy and keep that spot a secret!!! And yes show some pics PLEASE!

• 11 months later...

Thanks, Larry...

I'm going to Keuka for smallmouths in the morning, but I plan to give the river a try for walleyes within the next week, assuming we don't get more high water..

Now if the Mermaid didn't keep coming up with all those HONEYDOS for me....<<sigh>>...

We gotta get you wired for pics............

Good luck in the morning, I'm hoping to go out tomorrow afternoon on Lake Erie.  I went out yesterday afternoon on the canal again and fished.  No fish for me.......

I'm making lists of things I need.  (Leatherman, pad & paper, reading glasses, piss bucket, more beer)