US Supreme Court Upholds Obamacare Health Mandate

Obamacare  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the US Supreme Court's decision upholding the Obama Healthcare Mandate?

• Yes
    • No

For one thing, by reclassifying the individual mandate as a tax, Roberts made it much easier for a Republican Congress to repeal it without having to worry about a Senate filibuster. Tax matters can be passed via reconciliation with a simple majority of 51 votes, so Republicans no longer have to worry about finding 60 voters to end debate. That’s huge. It still requires the Republicans to keep the House, take the Senate and elect Mitt Romney president – but that’s still far more doable than finding 60 Senate votes to get rid of Obamacare.

Indeed, since Obamacare lacks severability clauses, I see no reason the entire bill couldn’t be repealed via reconciliation. Elect a Republican House, Senate and president in 2012 and Obamacare is 51 and done.

By Herman Cain

July 2, 2011

• Like 1

The whole reason that Obama care is NOT constitutional is because it taxes for doing nothing. With every other tax you must first do something, buy something first and then get taxed, now we get taxed if we don't buy something. It is a whole new broad expanse of power for congress and certainly not minimizing their power. And congress didn't need anything to be called a tax to repeal Obama care all they had to do was repeal it. Calling it a tax does not change or improve congresses ability to repeal Obama care.

It is Uncconstitutional because it does not regulate commerce it compells it. Never before has congress had the ability to compell commerce.

What conservatives? The Republicans aren't conservative they just talk like it. Bush expanded government exponentially, is that conservatism?

Look Obama care will not be repealed no matter what party is in the majority and no matter who the president is. I know you all are hopeful but it isn't going to happen the only shot we had was the supreme court because Obama care really is uncostatutional, but instead of protecting us they went ahead and granted huge powers to government. They ruled not on law but instead on politics. The court is lost to us and there is no balance of power. In fact all of government can now grant themselves new power whenever they choose because the constitution can no longer limit their powers because the court ignores it. And government has been expanding their power and will continue to do so only now that expansion will speed up.

The republicans will now start making excuses so you all will be primed up for when they don't repeal Obama care. "We tried to but we couldn't," "We wanted to repeal it but nobody has come up with an alternative yet" "Those darn democrts stopped us from repealing it, it's their fault for starting it in the first place" They are all chomping at the bit with the new found power that your buddy Roberts just handed them and they are too busy thinking up new ways to use it to be worried about getting rid of Romney, oh crap I mean, Obama care.

Get it? The same guy who's saying he'll repeal it is the same guy that came up with the plan before Obama did. Please.......forget what the government/media complex says and instead watch what they do.

And by the way I don't think the electorate has as much say in the outcome of these elections as you do. Then again the Government/media complex manages to keep them split about 50-50 with their propaghanda too.

No one hopes more than I that I am wrong and the republicans are on our side and willing to repeal Obama care and fight for we the people. I don't beleive it for a second though. Their boy Roberts (republican appointee) tipped their hand. He ruled by politics and you should pay attention to what he did because the favour he actually did for you was to show you exactly what the eventual outcome of Obama care is. Obama care is here to stay. It will NOT be repealed without force.

Can't wait to see all of the NEW taxes they will come up with now to control our behavior.

But I don't wish to butt heads with ya. It's okay if you believe the Republicans are conservative and I'm even hopefull that you are right. IN reality though I an afraid that you are not because if I am right our government is lost to us and bent on destroying our way of life. Time will tell which of us is right and while I hope it is you I am afraid you are wrong. The question is what shall you do if I am right? I know you won't be able to answer that unless and until Obama care is not repealed. But maybe you might want to prepare yourself for that outcome too.

Edited by adirondackbushwhack

There is much of this that i agree with and the first is i'll believe the repeal when pigs fly.. I believe it is a political stunt wrapped up in a three card monte scheem. And if we are relying on the electorate to vote in the right people then we are in trouble.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i like the part when Repubilcans tell you that the American people dont want government run healthcare, kinda funny because all those repulicans telling us we dont want it "HAVE IT" and we are paying for it! the government enjoys some of the finest healthcare in the world, no copays, no caps on coverage, no giving you the boot because you have a pre existing condition, but aahhh why would the American public want that???

Im really starting to think that we Americans get what we deserve, and thats our leaders telling us, yeeaaaa you dont want what we have..kinda funny cause they would never dare say, "well do you really think if you got Gov run healthcare it would be as good as ours"???

we have become a land of fools, and a country is judged in the world by its leadership, they are the cream of the crop, our very finest,,,,look at our congress and tell me what you think about our finest and then look at our people who beleive everything they feed us hook line and sinker.

im to the point were i can tell by what a person is saying if they are a fox news or msnbc watcher, man i can pick out a Rush Limbough listener in about one sentance....we are freakin doomed and its our own faults folks...

Our elected officials do not have GOVERNMENT RUN healthcare. What they have is unlimited PRIVATE healthcare funded by taxpayers. I don't think they should have it. If everyone had it, we would be broke in a month. Obamacare is less costly. It will only take 5 years to bankrupt the country.

Want to shut down Rush and MSNBC? Get the government the hell out of our private lives.

what about the rfid chip obama wants everyone to get bye march 23 2013? I aint getting no chip in my arm and thats all part of the obamcare bill . it will be a cold day in hell before anybody tells me i have to incert a chip of my medical and bank info in my arm . no sir not me