Fawns fawns fawns....

growalot

This is a birthing area for the doe every year....just like a neighbor near by has a bachelor group all spring and summer....The nice thing is I have 3 staging areas and when his group starts to disperse....they head on to us...but before that I rarely see a buck...then they filter through starting at youngest then the parade gets older and older further in to fall/ winter we get...after gun season...they disappear again..

I kinda like that arrangement...works out well...

Yes They make a loop around that field every morning ...unfortunately ...unlike last year.....where they had 6-9 poults...most of the hens have 2-4 poults with them........not sure if it was due to all the rain during nesting or the fact they lost A LOT of nesting to the new corn fields put into fallow grounds...or the neighbor that logged a well used nesting site about the time eggs were to be hatching

This was a triple whammy during a critical time for them...lets hope things are better next year and they settle on better...new nesting sites ...I've done a bunch of hinging this year and added new water sources

Excellent...not only are they hit daily by everything...but a couple I was able to raise frogs in...with this drought we would have lost all the frog eggs/tadpoles this year...just added benefit to woods health...though I have had to replenish them with my 55gal barrels in the wagon...usually rain is enough to keep them topped off.....