old lic

Paula

My father gave me his hunting lic/tags from 1965-74. $3.25-$4.25. they have the party tags on some. Last deer he got was 71, wrinkles and fading so I can’t read the tag. Interesting to see the price that they were and party tags

Cool beans, Paula...

I have a couple of mine from mid 60s... I remember the $3.25 fee...Duck stamps were $3.00..

I also have a party permit armband from the late 60s...It took 3 people for one either sex tag, and that was with landowner's preference.. Only the person wearing the armband could legally shoot the party deer.

I too have some of my Dad's from the 50's they were plastic card's much like posted sign's from that time,Now a lisence cost 98.00 buck's for my self amazes me that prices have increased the way they have.

there is not one single picture. they never owned a camera. He said he can't remember but the last one he got was a buck in bristol, he said it was huge but never saved the racks on any. they only hunted for the meat never cared what they shot and he is sure his father and brother shot most of the deer out of season. said they were killing machines. They even had guys from new york city go there and my uncle took them out to hunt when ever they wanted. There was 10 kids and not alot of jobs in saranac then. they hunted frogs and sold to restaurants. fished for bull head and also sold them. not much room for a garden so my father said he would go to dump to get acorn squash that grew every yr. before xmas they made wreath and sold them. he stopped hunting for health reason didn't mind it but refused to clean the dear unless absolutely had to.