OK, This Reads Like The Safe Act

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/04/11/fact-sheet-the-biden-administration-cracks-down-on-ghost-guns-ensures-that-atf-has-the-leadership-it-needs-to-enforce-our-gun-laws/

So Brandon and his minions decided to pull more stupidity out of their bungholes.

I'm reading this as now all uppers, including slides on autoloading hand guns, will have to have serial numbers on them as well as the actual frame or lower. LEO's getting to make gun laws on a federal level now.

Edited by DirtTime

Here's the whole lowdown.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/rulemaking/final-rule-2021r-05f-definition-frame-or-receiver-and-identification/download

It doesn't look like anything will change here in NY. Except you can't make a frame/receiver in your 3D printer anymore.

Looks like GOA is already fighting this one. Might be time to join that group, as the NRA doesn't seem to do much anymore.

Edited by DirtTime

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/rulemaking/final-rule-2021r-05f-definition-frame-or-receiver-and-identification/download

It doesn't look like anything will change here in NY. Except you can't make a frame/receiver in your 3D printer anymore.

Looks like GOA is already fighting this one. Might be time to join that group, as the NRA doesn't seem to do much anymore.
The NRA is absolute Dog Shit. Has been for a long while and I am a life member of both. NRA needs to clean house at the top then maybe I'll support those traitors again
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:
39 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

The NRA is absolute Dog Shit. Has been for a long while and I am a life member of both. NRA needs to clean house at the top then maybe I'll support those traitors again

I agree. GOA announced yesterday when this was brought into the open they were ready, and today they are already fighting this.

• Like 1

I agree. GOA announced yesterday when this was brought into the open they were ready, and today they are already fighting this.
50 bucks says the NRA tries to piggy back on the GOA action and claim some sort of responsibility for any benefits that may come. It's pathetic.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Keep putting Democrats in power and keep expecting more of the same.

Or be a Republican and still keep thinking the NRA will do what it's being paid to do. I actually know a few Democrats who fight for the 2ND Amendment, and even voted for trump. But they are vastly outnumbered by the typical Left Wing slack jaws who care more about the right for gender freedom then even knowing what a firearm is. 90% of anti gun people attacking the AR platform don't even know what the "A" in AR stands for.

I'm also waiting to see when/if the new tax on bullets gets passed (if it did, I haven't found where it states it was approved). $.05 may not seem like a lot to some, but a $5 tax on a 100 round box of 22LR is unjust and absurd.

Edited by DirtTime

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

Or be a Republican and still keep thinking the NRA will do what it's being paid to do. I actually know a few Democrats who fight for the 2ND Amendment, and even voted for trump. But they are vastly outnumbered by the typical Left Wing slack jaws who care more about the right for gender freedom then even knowing what a firearm is. 90% of anti gun people attacking the AR platform don't even know what the "A" in AR stands for.

I'm also waiting to see when/if the new tax on bullets gets passed (if it did, I haven't found where it states it was approved). $.05 may not seem like a lot to some, but a $5 tax on a 100 round box of 22LR is unjust and absurd.

Unfortunately, and more problematic, is way more than 50% of the pro-gun people don't know what the "A" in AR stands for.