Some test videos with the new GoPro hero 2

oblivitar

I have used the GoPro as a downhill mountain bike racer and if it can take a crash while wearing it and still function...I'd say they are very durable! Not to mention I have used it for snorkeling, and in pretty much any weather you can imagine, but strangely I have never used it to try and film my hunts...

i have the hd drift and my buddy has the go pro also. the only problem i find with these cameras is the fisheye lens and the way they make something that is 20 yards look like 30 or more. up close, looks great, but you can see how far the target looks. the game would look far also.

im biting the bullet and buying a camcorder that has good optical zoom this year, but dont get me wrong, ill still be using the drift on my head :)

I use the Contour ROAM. I was debating between it and the GoPro but went with the Contour for it's sleek design. The GoPro is rated as a much better camera for pitcure quality but think the Contour attaches better. I haven't bought the bow mount for it either and I'm trying to find a better way to mount it on my rifles even through I find it to be a bit of a waste on the rifle. Like Gallego said, these cameras fisheye everything so everything looks far away. With a rifle, your targets tends to be far to begin with.

These GoPro cameras are great. Picture quality is awesome. My fellow PostedBoy Gallego is right on about the fisheye problem. Although they are now selling seperate lenses to correct that deep fisheye effect. I would have looked into this but like Gallego said, we already have a pretty good camcorder for our hunts. We want to add another one for better closeup shots. I also wish the GoPro had a remote control watch style wrist strap like Gallego's horrible hd Drift. I use my GoPro as a head mount when hunting. It has a pretty long battery life but I like to keep it off to conserve the battery when were on a hunt and theres no action in the woods. Its sucks having to raise my whole arm up to squeeze the record button when I want to start filming. Im surprised I havent scared off any wildlife doing this. Another issue I have with this cam for hunting purposes is the glare the see through waterproof case reflects in the bright sun. Your better off hunting with the GoPro up on a tree stand to avoid detection like I do. You also loose a lot of sound with the full waterproof casing on. I carry both back cases with me when hunting. Only use the full covered backing if its raining hard. The sound is pretty impressive for a small camera when using the cutout back casing. Overall I love the GoPro and cant wait to test it out under water someday.

These GoPro cameras are great. Picture quality is awesome. My fellow PostedBoy Gallego is right on about the fisheye problem. Although they are now selling seperate lenses to correct that deep fisheye effect. I would have looked into this but like Gallego said, we already have a pretty good camcorder for our hunts. We want to add another one for better closeup shots. I also wish the GoPro had a remote control watch style wrist strap like Gallego's horrible hd Drift. I use my GoPro as a head mount when hunting. It has a pretty long battery life but I like to keep it off to conserve the battery when were on a hunt and theres no action in the woods. Its sucks having to raise my whole arm up to squeeze the record button when I want to start filming. Im surprised I havent scared off any wil

yes it works but there is no view finder so you don't know what you filmed until you connect to computer. it also works with an android phone

Here is the link to the website. www.looxcie.com

BTW it also doubles as a bluetooth earpiece to connect to your bluetooth cell phone.

Just be aware that if your car/truck has a built in bluetooth system, it will interfere with the connection between the Looxcie and your phone.

Edited by Deerthug