Raccons and opposums in the city-see picture

NYBowhunter

Well appears that much of the city is being terrorized by the over population of racoons and opposums. In the past week alone I have had two encounters. One encounter was that I went to put in a new door for my neighbor in her utility closet which is under her porch and laying on a storage rack was a racoon. I had to make a quick noose and I released it out on the curb. Let me tell you they look cute but they are one of the nastiest animals I have ever encountered. My second encounter is with an oppossum that I have trapped in a have a hart trap, I now have to relocate him to a local park, hope he doesnt find his way back.Attached is a picture of the "Brooklyn Thug" oppossum. Anyone else experiencing racoons and oppossums in the city?

post-18-131455326291_thumb.jpg

God... i can tell you when i bought my house it was a contant battle between me and the raccoons. they were getting into my soffits and tearing holes in the roof.

we will just say it was a problem...

i modified what i said about that problem... lol

It's the "revenge of the animals" that has come to a neighborhood near you!

Check this out:

http://www.theledger.com/article/20091005/NEWS/910055061/1338?Title=Woman-Recovering-After-Lakeland-Raccoon-Attacks

74 year old lady was attacked by a gang of 5 raccoons in Florida. Not a happy event, they got her down on the ground and did a pretty nasty number on her.

Doc

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/30/after-bedbugs-here-come-the-raccoons/

[/size]

[/size]I do have a friend with a nuisance trapper license and a coondog in Brooklyn. pm me if you need help.  btw-there isn't anyplace where its legal to release them, and a large proportion in the city are rabid.  When handling a possum, use heavy gloves so you don't get saliva on you.

That is a little surprising to me. (Now I have only been to NYC 1 time in 27 years) I didn't think that coons and possums would be of abundance there.

I am glad that I live in PA because I can carry a gun everywhere I go. My brother was attacked by a rabid fox a few years back. He under went a series of rabie shots that are close to $100 per shot. Thank God he had insurance.