Now is the time!!

Now is the best time to hit your invasive Honeysuckle and multiflora rose  with a 3% gly solution!!

This is a short window where only these are leafed out enough to be hit with a spay and not kill any incendentals..   kill them off amd let native browse grow your animal will  love you for it!! 

Yes you can  pull them but then you disturb soil and seed will grow, this is by far best method to remove these from your woods/ fields    short time frame only have about a week before other woody plant will be budded out....

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Now is the best time to hit your invasive Honeysuckle and multiflora rose  with a 3% gly solution!!

This is a short window where only these are leafed out enough to be hit with a spay and not kill any incendentals..   kill them off amd let native browse grow your animal will  love you for it!! 

Yes you can  pull them but then you disturb soil and seed will grow, this is by far best method to remove these from your woods/ fields    short time frame only have about a week before other woody plant will be budded out....

Do you have any pictures of how much leaf needs to be grown for this to work?

13 hours ago, G-Man said:

This is something I've been thinking about doing for the past week! I cut it all down last year, but of course new sprouts came up. Like you said, it's the only thing that is green right now too, so that will help target it. Just about everything I've seen or read said to cut it down, then treat the stumps with gly? So you're saying to just spray the shrubs themselves to kill it? How much gly do you put per gallon to knock it out? I'm hoping for a one and done treatment...

Edited by Cabin Fever

50 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

This is something I've been thinking about doing for the past week! I cut it all down last year, but of course new sprouts came up. Like you said, it's the only thing that is green right now too, so that will help target it. How much gly do you put per gallon to knock it out? I'm hoping for a one and done treatment...

Depends on your % gly concentrate. About 6 Oz to gallon  or 12 tablespoons is 41%  a little more won't hurt but it's expensive so  it's your cost out of pocket.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cabin Fever said:

This is something I've been thinking about doing for the past week! I cut it all down last year, but of course new sprouts came up. Like you said, it's the only thing that is green right now too, so that will help target it. Just about everything I've seen or read said to cut it down, then treat the stumps with gly? So you're saying to just spray the shrubs themselves to kill it? How much gly do you put per gallon to knock it out? I'm hoping for a one and done treatment...

You can cut down larger shrubs like buckbrush and paint the outer edge of stump with 41% gly to kill them as well just use a paint brush.  

For honeysuckle and rose the spray the bush is easier . Why get in there and get all scratched up  and have risk of ticks? but can only be done in spring so to avoid the incidental sprying of other foliage you want to keep.  Later times of year is the cut and paint method.. I prefer to work less hard and the skeletons of the bushes easily break down in the year and are usually flattened by snow the next winter.with no soild disturbance or regrowth.  

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 2