2012 DMP trading thread

BrianNY

Three of us have 7h permits we would swap for 7R, or if you know of any potential spots in 7h we would be interested. we plan to stay in cortland ind hunt at tuller hill state forest. any good info would be welcomed. also, we are from vermont and cannot bring back whole deer. can anyone recommend a good processor in the cortland area?

Sadly I have nothing to trade as once again I donated my $10 and got turned down for the third year in a row. I doubt it since there were very few this year, but if anyone has a 9X tag they don't expect they will use, you'd have my immense thanks and I'd be happy to send you a Christmas card or something in appreciation!

Bear swamp state forest. I hunted there opening morning of 2010 it was a warzone!! I was really hoping to bag a feral hog! You could also try Hewitt state forest. You have plenty of options!!

Wildlife Management Unit 7J

•Bear Swamp State Forest

•Frozen Ocean State Forest

•Hewitt State Forest

•Nelson Swamp Unique Area (portion of)

•Summer Hill State Forest

Edited by PREDATE

Bear swamp state forest. I hunted there opening morning of 2010 it was a warzone!! I was really hoping to bag a feral hog! You could also try Hewitt state forest. You have plenty of options!!

Wildlife Management Unit 7J

•Bear Swamp State Forest

•Frozen Ocean State Forest

•Hewitt State Forest

•Nelson Swamp Unique Area (portion of)

•Summer Hill State Forest

I actually got last minute access to a small piece of private property that borders 1000 acres of state land and is surrounded by private property. It is in 6k. I have been spending my time up there the last couple of days. i have a real nice spot as long as the snow .

I'd really like to get a 6K tag

That's cool! I'm just saying that if a 6K doesn't come down the pipe, you can still get your doe.

Personally, I would shoot a doe on state land and hunt on the private land for the biggun'!

Either way, I wish you luck this season!

I almost got shot on state land a few years. Slugs started flying over my head, they were whistling over me,a small tree branch landed on as the slugs went through the tree over my head. Lucky i was in a depression and the guy shooting was in a field area by the trucks. If I would have been about 2' higher up i very well may not have been able to type this right now.

It has scared me from state land, but i have nothing else to hunt in this area other than that area in 6K

went to town hall today.. lady said that the dmps arent available for purchase again till nov. 1st.. anyone ever hear of it stopping mid-season?.. i know they dont have any 3n left was going to get 3m but said i could not purchase, maybe she was confused and thought i wanted 3n.. idk