moth balls in the blind

RobC

My dad put moth balls in his blind over the summer to keep the critters out. I didn't know about it till I sat in it yesterday while squirrel hunting. Boy did it smell though. How will this effect deer and coyote hunting this season? I left the door and windows open because the smell was almost unbearable but I can't stand the slightest odor of them.

If the blind has been out since last season with the moth balls in it, wouldn't the same principle apply that the game is used to it being there regardless of what the odor or shape is? I would think if the game stuck around after the initial introduction of the moth balls, they would just see it/smell it as normal for that area???

Don't think I would want to sit in that blind with my camo on! Even if the deer got accustomed to that smell in that spot, your camo would reek of moth balls when you hunted another area! Plus, this smell would be foreign to roaming bucks that are moving through the blind area during the rut! Screw that! I'll take mice anyday over stinking up my blind or hunting area!