For the over 36 crowd

erussell

Back then, if you messed up it's because you were dumb. Now if you mess up, it's the government/corporations fault because there weren't enough proper warning labels. People in the 80's weren't dumb enough to put piping hot coffee between their legs while driving.

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 1

how many times have you gotten the crank to the back of the hand when it ung up. I can remember that.

Not sure about the back of the hand , but I can remember it feeling like I broke my wrist when they would kick. I do not remember if it was the old M or H but I rarely I got her around the 1st time.lol

i think kids today will be facing some of the toughest times America has known since its westernized creation. im older and know alot of older folks that werent basing life on wether they could send and email or had to right a letter. it was only a short time ago when it was rare for an American family to have more than one car if they even had a car, or even a TV never mind a color TV, or when people died at a young age from heart disease when today you can go in for a half day visit and be stented and last another 20.

i remember people really needing to bag a deer during hunting season or they would be eating mush and hash all winter long.

yea dont go throwing Americas young to the wind with "ohhh they have it so easy". Americas young will face challenges that 40 year olds could never imagine having faced in the near future. you forty year olds are Americas young, and were lucky enough to have enjoyed America at its very finest, you guys were here at the hieght of the party. well looks like the party is coming to an end and you forty year olds might very well be the ones who cry the most for the good ole days.

wow...you must have been fom the big city. around me the las tguy standing was the one that was right...lol. Then you both went to the bar and bought each other a beer.

You must have lived in my neighborhood Culver..LOL.. One guy just had to drink his beer from a straw 'til he healed up!

i think kids today will be facing some of the toughest times America has known since its westernized creation. im older and know alot of older folks that werent basing life on wether they could send and email or had to right a letter. it was only a short time ago when it was rare for an American family to have more than one car if they even had a car, or even a TV never mind a color TV, or when people died at a young age from heart disease when today you can go in for a half day visit and be stented and last another 20.

i remember people really needing to bag a deer during hunting season or they would be eating mush and hash all winter long.

yea dont go throwing Americas young to the wind with "ohhh they have it so easy". Americas young will face challenges that 40 year olds could never imagine having faced in the near future. you forty year olds are Americas young, and were lucky enough to have enjoyed America at its very finest, you guys were here at the hieght of the party. well looks like the party is coming to an end and you forty year olds might very well be the ones who cry the most for the good ole days.

Nah! The depression was just as bad or worse.. the difference is that those people had the will and fortitude to get through it... this younger generation won't survive because they don't have either of those qualities. To them a challenge is getting the garbage cans out to the end of the driveway!!