Long Island Deer Movement

Geno C

Leaving tomorrow for my annual dad and brother Hunting trip to Vermont. Will Hunt this Saturday until next Saturday. 3 point or higher in Vermont. Hunting public land and last year got my first Vermont harvest. Hope everyone on the island has success and stay safe in these tough times!

ill tell ya, these past 3-4 weeks have been brutal... for me atleast. ill be lucky if i even see anything with antlers at this point. opening day and the second weekend were great for seeing deer for me, seems like it came to a screeching halt. Any chasing ive seen was done by small scrub bucks just exercising does and even that i only have seen about twice. me and my buddies all see to say week after week "it will happen this weekend" things will pickup but we sound like broken records lol

im seeing mostly yearlings and does with the exception to that small 6 point last sunday. hope you guys are seeing better movement. saw 10 deer today throughout the day, all different times. all doe and yearlings... hopefully tomorrow our luck changes. goodluck guys!

season has been generally poor for me too Waterman. Lately though (last week or two) i've been seeing deer consistently, which is good. but only 1 that I would have liked to shoot. A high 8 ptr. He was out of range and was stuck with a couple of does. Honestly, thats the only Nice buck I've seen all season. its disappointing that with so many deer on Long Island, it could be really tough to get eyes on deer sometimes, no less a big buck. Just gotta stay with it. remember things you did right and things you did wrong and adjust accordingly. I think this october i hunted too many spots instead of focusing on two or three. Like i have in the past. Good luck. It aint over. keep hammering away!

My buddy shot his at 1pm and mine was at like 215pm

My other buddy just shot a nice little 10 point. He also told me about some giant giant 8 point that's at Oakdales taxidermist that went 170" anyone hear this!??? That's hugeeee for an 8, if that's true I has to see pics of this thing. I heard people went down and said it was a giant 8 160-170 but wonder how true it is??

Geno a friend of mine saw it also. He said it scored 171. Haven't been out much myself due to work and the storm pretty much once a week went out yesterday and couldn't resist on a basket eight he came in at 6:30 am just cruising. Haven't seen any chasing but my buddies that have been putting the time in have scored well. Went out this afternoon and only saw a spike pestering a yearling doe. Guess it depends on where your hunting.

hit more reply options when you post from your phone and upload the pic from your Iphone. if you cant do it let me know know, maybe you can send it to me and ill upload it for you. but congrats on the deer!

the deer at oakdale looks very nice tho, its just not 170". i have a pic of the deer