Anyone know him?

josephmrtn

Here's a friendly tip...seriously...you put out a pic...gave your name...basically address...I would not be hunting that land too soon...it is illegal to hunt any lands that have or had salt licks on them...just saying...DEC read the forums as well...I think they use to word it differently than the following

It is unlawful to:

Make, set or use a salt lick on land inhabited by deer or bear.

Here's a friendly tip...seriously...you put out a pic...gave your name...basically address...I would not be hunting that land too soon...it is illegal to hunt any lands that have or had salt licks on them...just saying...DEC read the forums as well...I think they use to word it differently than the following

It is unlawful to:

Make, set or use a salt lick on land inhabited by deer or bear.

yeah i have other land anyway so i guess i might just do that........ better b on the safe side even tho i didnt no...............

• Like 1

Let's not beat him up guy's. He is a 15 year old young man learning to be an ethnical hunter. He has just gotten off on the wrong foot. I know we all have made mistakes in the past. We live and learn by them. Joseph from one hunter to another you may want to follow mxsmitz201 advise and read the book. When somebody gets caught by the DEC doing something illegal, telling them that you did not know that law will get you no place but the tickets he was going to give you anyway. It is your responsibility as a hunter to know all the laws of DEC if you wish to hunt. If you are unsure if something is legal or not, check with your local DEC before doing something or ask the folks here on this forum. I know I will help any younger hunter become a better hunter if I can. Good luck this season and read that book because I did not know is NO excuse.

Edited by Dakota Dog

I know a guy who owns a bow shop locally. He sells mineral block and other things along that line of illegal stuff to use. He says he never would use it but I find it hard to believe. Eveytime I talk to him he says he sees 20 plus deer when he is out in his 70 plus stands. The best part was I stopped in to hos shop and there were squirrels in the back of his truck eating things on the bed rail. Kinda strage I thought. I just have a hard time believing people who say I just put the blocks corn out for a little while then stop.
is that the bow shop out on 9&20 in East Greenbush?

Let's not beat him up guy's. He is a 15 year old young man learning to be an ethnical hunter. He has just gotten off on the wrong foot. I know we all have made mistakes in the past. We live and learn by them. Joseph from one hunter to another you may want to follow mxsmitz201 advise and read the book. When somebody gets caught by the DEC doing something illegal, telling them that you did not know that law will get you no place but the tickets he was going to give you anyway. It is your responsibility as a hunter to know all the laws of DEC if you wish to hunt. If you are unsure if something is legal or not, check with your local DEC before doing something or ask the folks here on this forum. I know I will help any younger hunter become a better hunter if I can. Good luck this season and read that book because I did not know is NO excuse. Quote

Thanks man I've learned tons on here just in the short time I've been a member, also I followed your advice and went to the dec website and read up on this subject and now know what I should have known before, I think this thread can now be closed.... thanks again everyone