NEED A OPINION

Now at my work there is a **edit** who thinks a .22 can kill a zombie in the zombie appolypse and I honestly want an AK47 or a M4A1 With ACOG and all the other crap with a Springfield armory M1911 .45 on ,my hip

Question is ................ What's your zombie weapon?

Now If you're gonna trash this **edit**

Just for fun so What's your fist of iron? :hunter::vinsent::triniti:

The last time I was in a zombie apocalypse...

Seriously though, all kidding aside. Zombies are made up and if there ever will be such a thing than we can only speculate what they really will be like and what their vulnerabilities will be.

With that said, if zombies were to actually exists and they're identical to the majority agreed upon charateristics of those found in popular movies/shows such as "Night of the Living Dead" or "Walking Dead" then all that is required is to damage the brain. If that is the case, then Max Brooks who wrote the popular book "The Zombie Survival Guide" gave a very compelling argument in favor of the Ruger 10/22.

His argument is that your goal should not be to engage zombies unless truly necessary. You also don't want to cause a lot of noise to attract other zombies to your direction. The 22LR with a silencer will be quiet enough to take out a zombie in reasonable poximity without attracting other zombies hundreds of yards away. The 22LR might not have enough energy to penetrate the skull of a zombie a 100 yards away but if the zombie is 100 yards away, it is simpler to just avoid them. Lastly, the 22LR is readily available and you can literally carry thousands of rounds with out it weighing a ton.

if the shit ever hit the fan I would be way more worried about other people coming to loot mine and my families food water and ammo then the "zomies" thats why i choose a well built ar15 i think history is proof its an adequate human stopper

I agree, AR15 is best for the SHTF situations but the original question is A: Can a 22LR kill a zombie and B: What will be your zombie gun.

The last time I was in a zombie apocalypse...

Seriously though, all kidding aside. Zombies are made up and if there ever will be such a thing than we can only speculate what they really will be like and what their vulnerabilities will be.

With that said, if zombies were to actually exists and they're identical to the majority agreed upon charateristics of those found in popular movies/shows such as "Night of the Living Dead" or "Walking Dead" then all that is required is to damage the brain. If that is the case, then Max Brooks who wrote the popular book "The Zombie Survival Guide" gave a very compelling argument in favor of the Ruger 10/22.

His argument is that your goal should not be to engage zombies unless truly necessary. You also don't want to cause a lot of noise to attract other zombies to your direction. The 22LR with a silencer will be quiet enough to take out a zombie in reasonable poximity without attracting other zombies hundreds of yards away. The 22LR might not have enough energy to penetrate the skull of a zombie a 100 yards away but if the zombie is 100 yards away, it is simpler to just avoid them. Lastly, the 22LR is readily available and you can literally carry thousands of rounds with out it weighing a ton.

I'd also go with the 10/22. At 100 yards, the energy from a 10/22 can still penetrate the skull of a human head. Accuracy however, is another story.

A .22, with a good hollowpoint, would be adequate to take out a zombie! They take them out all the time on the Walking Dead with knives, pipes, crowbars, and tire irons through the head! More practical too, as you can carry a lot more rounds in your pockets! Another advantage, is that the .22 is a lot quieter than the larger calibers, so it won't attract as many other zombies! If you're still concerned, invest in a .22 MAG!!

I would suggest you do some research into zombies and watch the Walking Dead too...