Has anyone ever used an X-Stand?

• 3 weeks later...

I am not a big fan of the Lone Wolf just a PITA to pack and unpack as well as uncomfortable my brother and brother in law use them soley because they are light.

Man 12 pounds sounded good!! My API is so comfy and stable but at 26 pounds or more it is a bear!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hunter49

Yes I did buy the X-stand (sit and climb model). It’s not the most comfortable stand I have, but it is the lightest and easiest to set up. It climbs like any other stand, but takes some getting used to. As for the cables being like parachutes when carrying thru thick stuff as arrow nocker mentioned they are. It can be a real PIA. I just take the cables off and put them in my pack.

I would only recommend this stand if you are travelling a few miles or do not have the ability to carry a 20 pound stand. If you’re hunting close to the car, get something more comfortable. But when travelling far distances, this is my favorite stand.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a summit viper and load both side bags and front bag w/necessities. I can only imagine how much it weighs, I am interested in a timber tall only for its adjustability when climbing. Anybody have comments on the differences in the 2 stands. Hard to part with 3 bills+ for that 1 feature. I really like the summit but I did notice this year it does get heavy on longer treks.