NJ Outdoorsman

Beaverkill

Hello...I would like to introduce myself..I am an active outdoorsman from NJ who has enjoyed hunting and fishing all over the empire state. I grew up on a farm along the Jersey Shore... (yes...we had farms there, unfortunately they are almost all developed now).. I now live in Hunterdon County NJ where we are blessed with land, tons of game and good fishing...

We have two hunting camps...One in the Catskills between the Beaverkill River and the Delaware.. and the other in Chenango County, west of Norwich...I have been fortunate to kill some nice bucks over the years on public lands in the ADK and Catskills as well as our private property... I consider myself a bowhunter first but I love rifle season and have been hunting with my MZ since 86... Even more than hunting, I enjoy fly fishing, especially in the Catskills and ADK... I am a fly fsihing instructor for NJ's oldest fly shop... I have owned a camp in the Catskills since the mid-80s...Started with a trailer on the East Branch near Downsville and graduated to a Catskill Mountain top farm...

One of my best friends owns multiple parcels in Chenango County, where we hunt the opener in a traditional Deer Camp setting...

Married with 2 boys and a girl , all under 6.... I took my 5 year old out with me last Sunday...He is already hooked..

Look forward to future conversations and posts... Dan

post-2723-0-07738700-1351112721_thumb.jp