Sorry, not hunting related but the sickest &$#* I've read

Elmo

The problem is that we place police at a much higher standard that we do other when they are still in fact simply human beings like each and every one of us. For example, I know plenty of over weight nurses and medical students are the highest rate of smokers in the country. You would believe as a medical professional, they would know a thing or two about maintaining their health. The same can be said of law enforcers. Simply because they are law enforcers doesn't necessarily mean each and every one of them follows the law every time. It is because of this high standard that we place on them is why they make the news more often and thus it makes it seem like it occurs more often then the general populous.

When I mentioned about the about the Starbucks girl who got kidnapped and killed last week, my fiance asked innocently what made that case such a high profile case? It is a valid point. Not to belittle her death but a hundreds of innocent women are raped and killed each year but the news only covers a hand full.

There are men and women who protect and serve and deserve commemoration. On the flipside, the "state thugs" are just simply portraying the personna created by honest law enforcers. I believe every cop should have a "little black box" like the ones on airplanes. Then every move they make, good or bad would be timestamped and logged.

On a lighter note, check out this link about a cop in my area who came into work intoxicated. For someone we trust to be able to think on their feet, he's surely not the brightest crayon in the box! I chuckled @ this and said to myself,"how could someone be so dumb", but then we see the original link that Elmo posted and it does make ya' wonder!

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Binghamton-Police-Officer-Resigns-After-DWI-Arrest-175977451.html

Sad but I guess they never thought to put that question on the psych exam......do you like or dream about eating human flesh ?

We seldom hear about the police, teachers, soldiers, and politician that faithfuly serve day in and day out without any crap.

We hear in the news about the sensational freak that never should be on the job to start.

Sad but I guess they never thought to put that question on the psych exam......do you like or dream about eating human flesh ?

We seldom hear about the police, teachers, soldiers, and politician that faithfuly serve day in and day out without any crap.

We hear in the news about the sensational freak that never should be on the job to start.

Because it is expected of them to serve and protect. That's like saying I'm a plumber, but I don't deal with water.

I'm sorry if this is going to sound harsh for some of the babies out there, but there are way too many bad apples in the NYPD to ignore these cases.

On the flip side, I met an NYPD detective today that was surprisingly nice, educated, and very professional. Ironic part of it all, he was off duty. Never met me a polite cop on duty, but this will have to do.

It is called PROFESIONALISM and dedication to one's career.......

Sadly we lack that in every field; way too many hands out looking for a free ride. Sad relection of society.

I have been in the law enforcement field for 27 years and have seen major changes over the years of the canadates who apply and are accepted. Lucky they show up to work on time and when they are disciplined they are the "victim".....

Sad but true.................

• Like 1