Who else is glad they didnt take anything last weekend?

Deerthug

Do people generally not have a generator for back-up?

Of course, like I should talk. I prepped my generator this weekend for the impending storm and of course it wouldn't work at all. Seems like this is my year for mechanical breakdowns.

Generators are NOT the norm ..in westchester county(50% still wthout power)most people do not have them including me. I relied on my neighbor who let me keep the fridg plugged in fo a bit. He and one other guy had power on my blocked of 30 houses. However we re nowhere near as bad as may many others. Mother Nature can be a real bl+Ch at times

With power being out now in my neighborhood for four days, and no generator, all the meat would have been spoiled.

I bought one last year after 2 days without power. The key is to buy the smallest generator that you can use. Otherwise you waste gas and that can be hard to get in times like these. Here is a good link.

http://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.com/power/yamaha-2000-watt-generators.html

I recomend Yamahas and would suggest getting one this week, before others break down and buy them all up next week.

One arrest in Staten Island when someone pulled a pistol to cut the gas line...don't worry at least the marathon will happen! Huge generators down in Central Park to heat the spectator seating..people getting kicked out of manhattan hotels back to their wrecked homes so runners can have their hotel rooms...yikes.

One thing I do that extends it a little is my game freezer gets pack full. Fill all the space up with water filled jugs. As the meat is eaten its replaced with more jugs.

Won't get you 4 days but its a start, the power co. up here is giving out dry ice as well.

Power outages here tend to be spotty. I once lost it for 11 days, the people next door never lost it ! I figure I can always find a friend with power, although I should get a back up system.

Things can get ugly very quickly if this continues. Hopefully this will be a wake up call to the public.

Correct. This wake up needs to be directed for preparation in the man made issue.

Monetary systems are finite and our nations monetary lifespan is coming to an end. This has taken close to 100 years to accomplish. The laws of economics do not care what the name of a country is. Over this decade, we will continue to need more Federal Reserve Notes (unbacked paper money) to purchase the same goods and services. Taxes and fees will continue to rise, this will not stop as long as we keep voting in establishment.

Civil unrest is likely in the future due to the devaluing of our currency. So, some investment in specific goods and knowledge is needed. Those is cities and suburbs with no knowledge, will have problems.

Think towards an agrarian system of self-reliance. Goods such as barrels to collect water, gravity feed water purifiers, learn to can food, learn to dehydrate food (dried last very long), learn to sprout; purchase / store seeds, powdered milk, and foods such as beans, rice, etc. Do this and your in great shape for disasters of any type.

Here are three very short but educational videos on understanding how money is created, fractional reserve lending, our debt based monetary system, and the new super housing bubble that is being created due to QE3.

In 10 minutes, learn why the Federal Reserve System is the biggest scam in history and why you are it's victim. In simple and easy to understand analogies. Griffin does a great job here, Live at the march on the west lawn of the Capitol, D.C., 2008. I was present at this.

Learn about our debt based currency and monetary system. Mike Maloney at the bankers conference in Russia 2011.

Why the latest QE3, and its infinite bond purchases by the Fed is going to result in a higher cost of living for the middle class and poor. Economist Peter Schiff.

Hope you can learn why we cannot afford goods and services, just like I have. I am no one special. I am more on the poor side and cannot afford health insurance. I just wanted to learn why this nation is so screwed up and this is where it led me.

The Fed is the core domino. Everything you can think of that is a problem, and deals with money, are the other dominoes in the chain reaction falling due to that first one.

Just trying to help. Do your own research.

Edited by tony m
  • Like 1

Got a 5500 watt Generac and keep 20 gallons of gas on hand with Stabil in it.... Run the fridge and freezers in 4 hour sets... Getting a transer switch installed to power the enitre house though... Hate running extension cords through the house...

I heard about that. What would something like that run to buy and install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk