Sitting in line for gas ????

Deerthug

This morning not any better despite news reports. Three stations in Holbrook closed, the Hess in town has State Troopers hanging around but not open yet. Line is going out to main road(Patchogue-Holbrook) and back to LIE where the Exxon is closed but the line continues on South service road further than I could see. Yesterday it stretched back to exit 59. Holbrook is exit 61. I'm supposed to be going up to property this Thursday to hunt hope we get back to normal by then. Can we get gas upstate? From what I hear they are fine with that, I' in Norwich.

The Hess in Oyster Bay on Lexington and 106 has a great set up still pumping for cars and containers. I got another five gallons in only 20 mins waiting with my container. I'm good for now. They have enough to last until about 5 pm tonite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Deerthug

This is nuts I have no power no hot water and no heat. Can't find gas to put in my truck and I have a sick girlfriend... How in the hell do I justify to her that i want to go hunting tommrow.. I haven't figured it out yet but I'm gunna try haven't been out since sandy

This is nuts I have no power no hot water and no heat. Can't find gas to put in my truck and I have a sick girlfriend... How in the hell do I justify to her that i want to go hunting tommrow.. I haven't figured it out yet but I'm gunna try haven't been out since sandy

Good luck, we may find you hanging on the meat pole! lol

• Like 1

Go to Putnam County or just over the border into Connecticut. Both places have gas and no lines.

Finally back on-line...no for nothing but this was insane. I was at two gas stations that state troopers showed up at saying there was a fight in progress. I didn;t see any fights, but after that I was tempted to put the shot gun in the truck....people are insane!! Cutting lines and argueing...we are all in the same boat here!

It is truly a shame that we have to wait 2 hours on line to get gas for our cars one week after a storm. What I don't understand is why isn't it mandatory for gas stations to have back up generators so if the power goes out they can still pump gas. Certainly for what they are charging us they can afford it.

I'm glad I don't have to drive anywhere far this week. Hopefully by the time I need to refill my tank all this hysteria will be gone!

Edited by Deerthug

It is truly a shame that we have to wait 2 hours on line to get gas for our cars one week after a storm. What I don't understand is why isn't it mandatory for gas stations to have back up generators so if the power goes out they can still pump gas. Certainly for what they are charging us they can afford it.

I'm glad I don't have to drive anywhere far this week. Hopefully by the time I need to refill my tank all this hysteria will be gone!

Imposing mandatory anything is bad for business I think. A smart gas station may do so in the future to continue to increase cash flow, but I don't see a mandatory generator is any different from mandatory safety harness or mandatory BO etc.

I don't think it has to do with cash flow as much as it has to do with gas flow especially during trying times that we have all been going through. I'm not suggesting the government impose the mandatory generators but rather the gas companies should require it as part of joining their franchise. This is nothing like the government imposing mandatory BO for hunters.

- Jordan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jordan...not sure that has anything to do with what we are facing (at least here in dutchess). Over here most gas stations have power, but just ran out of gas because the tankers bringing them in either couldn't get there or there wasn;t enough gas at the time to bring it here.....now that people are getting power back lines are dying down and with the roads clearing more gas is coming. Not sure where you are but I do see your point, I havent run across that yet, seems everyone around here was open for the most part.

word to the wise, people at the pumps are packing more then you know... in a craze like this you would be surprised. My buddy about crapped his pants while on line with the hand tanks to fill when a guy walked to the front of the line and cut the guy who was next to fill, when the guy cut him he turned and said im next because this says so and he moved his shirt and had a pistol in his pants the guy who was next said no your not and moved his shirt and said this says otherwise and mine is legal and he was carrying also. the guy who cut then went to the back of the line. my buddy said he thought a shoot out was about to go down right in front of his eyes over 5 gal of gas.

word to the wise, people at the pumps are packing more then you know... in a craze like this you would be surprised. My buddy about crapped his pants while on line with the hand tanks to fill when a guy walked to the front of the line and cut the guy who was next to fill, when the guy cut him he turned and said im next because this says so and he moved his shirt and had a pistol in his pants the guy who was next said no your not and moved his shirt and said this says otherwise and mine is legal and he was carrying also. the guy who cut then went to the back of the line. my buddy said he thought a shoot out was about to go down right in front of his eyes over 5 gal of gas.

Oh my! on a similar note over the weekend at a Hess in Glen Cove while people were waiting online for gas, two huge escalades pull up into the station cut the lines and four huge guys get out and start pumping gas while threatening people brandishing weapons. 911 was called but by the time police arrived the suvs were gone. I dont know about the rest of you but my life is worth a hell of a lot more than 5 gal of gas.

And not to hijack my own thread, but if Obama is reelected then there will be less guys like the one with the legal firearm to defend themselves in both scenarios. So think carefully before you all pull the lever today!

- Jordan

Yea this is getting crazy and I'm starting to worry that if I don't get power back today that with this new storm comming I'll never get it back.... Matter what happens I'm going hunting one day this week. And bizarro my girlfriends mother is in maopach heard the Mobil on Bryant pond rd is a fast line

Oh my! on a similar note over the weekend at a Hess in Glen Cove while people were waiting online for gas, two huge escalades pull up into the station cut the lines and four huge guys get out and start pumping gas while threatening people brandishing weapons. 911 was called but by the time police arrived the suvs were gone. I dont know about the rest of you but my life is worth a hell of a lot more than 5 gal of gas.

And not to hijack my own thread, but if Obama is reelected then there will be less guys like the one with the legal firearm to defend themselves in both scenarios. So think carefully before you all pull the lever today!

- Jordan

im with you jordan!

I'm in Oyster Bay. Just drove to Huntington to pick up my dog and saw a station getting filled on Park ave and 25a with 5 cars in line. On way back was going to stop but the line was down about 1 mile already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should have stopped and waited before going to TLC to pick up my dog. Have a 1/2 tank in both cars with another 5 gals locked up so we're good until the rest of the week.

Good news I heard just on the news was that the new storm may be heading further east out to sea before it comes up north. Cross your fingers, toes and whatever else you can cross . . .

Edited by Deerthug

For all of you heading upstate from li or NYC this weekend to hunt the rest stop on 87 north just past the toll by stew lenards has gas the line is about 15 to 20 min. They have had gas since the start and the lines are shorter and shorter good Luck I hope this helps you get upstate