to the trespassers in volney.

arrow nocker

Spent 3 mornings last week wasting time chasing tresspassers off our land. One guy I walked off the property and came back an hour later and he was there again. After several obsecenety laced comments and telling him the DEC was getting his back tag number he high tailed it off the property. One guy I came up on jumped up and ran off the property. I spent more time chasing other hunters than chasing deer.

this sucks. It's one thing to end up on unposted land accidentally. It's another to cross posted lines knowingly and it's a whole new level to hunt the land after being booted. I dont get this as it ruins the pastime for many of us with nice private land.

Last Monday I'm sitting in the stand and minding my business on some leased land and about 50 yards away a gun goes off and about knocks me out of the tree as i thought i was alone on a weekday. seconds later a doe comes running towards me and dies 30 yards from the stand. 30 minutes later 2 pumpkins in full orange jump suits come tracking her. Now we haven't kicked our neighbors off during gun, only bow so it's not like they were trespassing. But after talking with them we found out they're taking 6-10 deer a season on a 60 acre plot and now they're just pushing it and it makes the situation uncomfortable for my father and I. In general in the 2 places we hunt we find ourselves in conflicts every year and we're all in it for the same reason...

i had people this year during bow walk right under my stand and they looked up and i saw them walk right past the posted sign that was in the middle of the path! then they just kept walking literally ignoring every word i said!, that got me very mad that people think they can just walk on through without care... but on the brighter side a little after that the big buck of course came out and was very spooked because he came right where the people were walking