gave away my H&R sidekick

bubba

When the sidekicks first came out, I purchased one for my ex father in law. 24 inch barrel. I had purchased him a cva staghorn before this, but due to him being a lefty, it was tough for him to operate. The sidekick was ideal. Anyway long story short, I gave it to him for his birthday in March that year. We shot it once in April and and he passed away suddenly that May. Two years ago my ex mother in law gave the gun back to me. I killed a deer with it last year. Well my brother in law (their son) has been an off and on hunter for a few years. He has gotten back into it more this year. It had been weighing on my mind a lot about that sidekick. Yesterday we took some guns to the range. I showed him how the modifications worked including the oring etc. We shot it and he cleaned it. When we got back home, I handed the gun and accessories as well as the stuff he needed to shoot it. I had told him the story of how it was acquired etc. He was shocked I gave it to him, but to me it sure seemed like the right thing to do. I hope we can get it bloodied again in 2 weeks when late ml season happens here. After season, I will send the 25-06 frame in and have a barrel fitted to it. No way I can not have a H&R muzzleloader barrel lol.modify_inline.gif