Felt or cleat soles

rachunter

I have a pair of korkers with the snap on soles.When I saltwater fished and the cleats wore out I would use tex screws in the regular soles that came with them.That worked great on jetties but not on these river rocks.I reordering some gear and need to know which soles work best felt[I never used them before] or the cleats.

I hate rainy days I spend to much money. 

Felts suck . Freeze and you get balls of ice making it hard to walk in snow . Slicker than snot on a doorknob in mud . Besides you can spread mud snails and rocks not  easier with felts

Get a good lugged boot and screw carbides into them .

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 1

Thanks I like the korkers with the interchangeable soles. In saltwater I would blow through four or five sloes before the boots wore out. I’ll order the cleats maybe they’ll last longer in freshwater or I’ll remember to hose them off. 

14 hours ago, rachunter said:

Thanks I like the korkers with the interchangeable soles. In saltwater I would blow through four or five sloes before the boots wore out. I’ll order the cleats maybe they’ll last longer in freshwater or I’ll remember to hose them off. 

I had the korker interchangeable soles when they first came out . I could never keep the soles in the slot . Especially over broken ground and rocks . . I see they changed them now .

4 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Rather than spend $40 on Orvis lugs I drove a couple dozen self tapping screws into my felt and I havent lost any in four or five trips! However I'm upgrading for fathers day, my current boots are falling apart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I put the simms in  after I found 3 orvis  had chipped off after a couple of outings . 

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Rather than spend $40 on Orvis lugs I drove a couple dozen self tapping screws into my felt and I havent lost any in four or five trips! However I'm upgrading for fathers day, my current boots are falling apart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's what I've been doing for years with the regular soles that come with the korkers.I sold the felt ones on Ebay.These little river rocks aren't as easy on the tex screws as big jetty rocks.

2 hours ago, Nytracker said:

I had the korker interchangeable soles when they first came out . I could never keep the soles in the slot . Especially over broken ground and rocks . . I see they changed them now .

I liked the fact that I could swap out the soles for the beach or jetty's.I never lost one.My friends used the strap on korkers and always lost them unless they taped them on.The only korkers I didn't like where the ones with the knob instead of laces.I tossed them after one season.

The thing I liked the most about the orvis pro boots is the ankle support while climbing  and  descending  rocks . Almost made me feel 20 again . My nephew even commented on how I almost ran up and down the banks . He was struggling to keep up so much he ordered a set . Not bad for a 54 year old verses 21.

• Like 1

Get the carbide studs for the korkers or even the studded felt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Use these studs: https://www.hatchmag.com/blog/tip-stop-grossly-overpaying-wading-boot-studs/771153

The real secret to wading stability is using a pair of boots with an actual heel that provides a stop when you wedge it onto a rock. If you can find them, the Gary Borger designed Ultimate Wading Shoe is great. The have studded felt soles.

image.thumb.png.8fe13d5b7985c1d61688f84b5d84114b.png

Edited by left field